If you are using the Samsung Galaxy Buds or Buds+, it is always the best time to update your firmware for better software performance.
The big tech company rolls out new updates regularly to improve the stability and reliability of its Galaxy Buds series of wearables. Users can get and enjoy better connection and sound quality on their earbuds.
Updating your Galaxy Buds firmware is easy and if you haven’t done it yet, just follow the steps below. You can update your Galaxy Buds using your smartphone or your PC/Mac.
Tips on Updating your Samsung Galaxy Buds Firmware
Before you begin updating your Galaxy Buds, take note of the following tips first.
- Make sure you have a good Internet connection. You will have to update the software and a good connection will create a smooth and uninterrupted process.
- Close current apps that may be running in the background. This will help maximize resources for downloading and installing the updates. Make sure to completely exit any app that is not related to your update.
- Check for updates on the app that you will use for updating your Galaxy buds. Whether you are using the Galaxy Wearables app on your mobile phone or the Galaxy Buds Manager and Gear IconX Manager on your PC or Mac, check if there are existing updates available for the app and install it before updating your buds. That way, it can help in the seamless process.
- Charge your Galaxy Buds. Place your Galaxy Buds inside the charging case and close the lid. Make sure to close any app that you are using with the earbuds. Charge your buds for at least 30 minutes.
How to Update the Software on your Samsung Galaxy Buds
Update Galaxy Buds Firmware using Galaxy Wearables App on your Mobile
- First, open the Galaxy Wearables app.
- Tap the Galaxy Buds+.
- Next, look for the Earbuds software update. Tap to open.
- Tap Download and Install.
- Any available update will be shown. At the bottom of the screen, tap Download.
- A notification will appear. Read the instructions and tap OK.
- Wait for the update process to finish.
Update Galaxy Buds Firmware via Galaxy Buds Manager or Gear IconX Manager on PC or Mac
- Open the Galaxy Buds Manager app or the Gear IconX Manager on your computer.
- If you do not have the app yet, download the app at the Samsung official website. Follow the setup instructions to install the app on your computer.
- After launching the Galaxy Buds Manager app, click Connect.
- Click your Galaxy Buds+. It will connect your earbuds to your computer.
- Next, select Check for updates.
- Install available updates.
It is that easy! With the new updates, you can enjoy a cooler experience using your Samsung Galaxy Buds. What do you think of the latest firmware update on your Galaxy Buds? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.