The main reason why updates happen is to increase the overall performance of a device and to add more features. However, not all updates happen automatically and it causes a huge miss to users who fail to keep up.
The same is true with your Amazon Echo Buds. While connecting to the WiFi will enable it to install any update available, sometimes, it takes a long time to do so. The best way is to manually update the Echo Buds’ firmware by yourself.
How to Update Firmware on Echo Buds
- Place your Echo Buds inside their case and close it. Do not open it for at least 20 minutes.
- See to it that you Echo Buds are connected to your WiFi.
- To make sure that the firmware has a smooth update, avoid placing your smartphones beside or near your Echo buds case.
- While this process seems like charging your Echo buds, any updates available will automatically be installed via Bluetooth.
Updating Echo Buds Device Software via Alexa
There is another way to update your Echo Bud’s firmware, and it’s by using Alexa.
- Give Alexa any simple command like ask about the date today just to make sure that you Echo Buds is on and is connected to the Internet.
- Next, press the mute button. The red light will then turn on.
- You will also need to turn the microphone into mute. On the Alexa app, click Devices.
- Tap on Echo & Alexa.
- Look for Echo Buds and click to open.
- Under the Privacy Section, toggle the microphone to Mute.
- Next, wait for several minutes until you will receive a notification that Alexa will need to update and the installation process will begin.
- Once completed, your device will restart with the latest firmware.
Check Your Echo Buds Device Software Version
It is good to check whether your Echo Device is up to date or not. If you want to view the current version of your Echo Device’s Software, here’s how to do it:
- Go to the Alexa app.
- Next, click Devices.
- Select Echo & Alexa.
- Choose your device.
- Click About. This will show the information about your Echo Device including the software version.
Updating your Amazon Echo Buds device software offers you maximized performance and added features. It will give you a chance not to miss out on new features that will make your Echo Buds usage a lot better.
How do you like your Echo Buds? Are you using the latest update? Tell us more in the comments below.