If you love things that are short and sweet, Snapchat is a cool social media to have around. Appearing only for a short time, you can send photos or videos to anyone without worrying if the content sticks around to embarrass you later.
The main idea of Snapchat is to allow users to create short content called snaps, which disappear after the recipient viewed the message. It is unique, fun, and a smart way to send reactions to friends.
But, there is more to Snapchat than just disappearing pictures and videos. With new updates for enhancements, the social media app now offers added features to create more engaging and exciting snaps. You can share chronological stories to your friends and followers that add thrill and anticipation on their part. Users can start live video chats or create different Bitmoji avatars. There are added filters and AR-based lenses that will expand your creativity in making snaps.
With all these new features, it would be great to use Snapchat on more devices such as Chromebook. You can get and add Snapchat to your Chromebook by downloading and installing it as an app or using it online via the Google Chrome web browser.
How to Download & Install Snapchat on Chromebook Device as an App
The Snapchat app is easily accessible via the Google Play Store. Follow these simple and easy steps below on how you can download and install the app on your ChromeOS device.
- First, launch the Google Play Store on your Chromebook device.
- On the Search box, enter Snapchat.
- Click the Snapchat app icon.
- Click the Install button.
- Wait for the download to finish.
- Then, go to your app launcher and open Snapchat.
- You can now log in to your Snapchat account or sign up for an account.
How to Use Snapchat on Chromebook via Google Chrome Web Browser
If you prefer not to install the Android app on your Chrome OS laptop computer but want to use it anyway, you can do so through the online version you can access via your Google Chrome web browser.
- Launch Google Chrome on your Chromebook device.
- On the address bar, enter snapchat.com.
- Click the Menu button on the upper left side corner or the icon with nine dots.
- Select Accounts.
- Login to your Snapchat details.
- If you want to create a new account, scroll down and click Sign Up.
How do you like using Snapchat on Chromebooks so far? What is your best experience? We would love to know your story! You can share it with us below.