On January 8, 2020, Microsoft announced Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19541 to Fast ring insiders, a build that adds location in-use icon update and now shows architecture in Task Manager.
This Insider update also includes Cortana app update and a myriad of other improvements, features and fixes.
If you’re a Windows Insider in the Fast ring, you can update to the Build 19541 by going to:
- Update & Security
- Windows Update and then looking for the latest update.
What’s New in Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19541
Location In-use Icon Update
As some smart insiders have noticed, we have updated the notification area icon when the application uses your location. The new icon looks like this:
View the architecture in your Task Manager
If you use the Details tab in Task Manager, we have added a new option to view the architecture of each process.
If you are interested, you can add it by right-clicking on the column header, selecting columns and selecting Architecture from the list.
More Updates for Insiders on Build 19541
Cortana App Update
In addition to our previous article, we would like to inform insiders that the instant response timer and Bing Timer is online again. We are still working on setting up jokes (and other assistant conversations) and appreciate your patience.
If you use English (USA) and want to try it, here are some examples of queries you can use with Hey Cortana or typing Cortana:
- Set the 10-minute timer
- When was the Space Needle built?
General Changes, Improvements, and Fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue impacted System Settings reliability.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Windows Update “Reboot needed” notifications persisting reboot.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the update speed in Task Manager unexpectedly being set to Paused.
- We fixed an issue when using Narrator that could result in Start not saying the correct index of an app in the all apps list.
- We fixed an issue where the Search window wasn’t showing acrylic at the top.
- We fixed an issue from the previous build resulting in the Feedback Hub unexpectedly not showing store apps in the list of contexts when logging feedback under the Apps category. This same issue resulted in the symptom of apps continuing to show Install in the Microsoft Store, rather than Launch, after the app had been installed.
- BattlEye and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues due to changes in the operating system between some Insider Preview builds and certain versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software. To safeguard Insiders who might have these versions installed on their PC, we have applied a compatibility hold on these devices from being offered affected builds of Windows Insider Preview. See this article for details.
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We’re looking into reports of certain external USB 3.0 drives not responding with Start Code 10 after they’re attached.
- The Optimize Drives Control Panel is incorrectly reporting that optimization has never run on some devices. Optimization is completing successfully, even though it is not reflected in the UI.
- The Documents section under Privacy has a broken icon (just a rectangle).
- Remote Desktop Connection crashes when attempting to connect to multiple sessions.
- Snipping isn’t working on secondary monitors.
- Timeline isn’t showing any activities.
- We’re investigating reports that Outlook search isn’t working for some Insiders.