Windows 11 makes it possible for you to control your PC even when you are not on your computer. As long as you are using the same local network or have permission to connect with network level authentication from somewhere else, you can control your Windows 11 PC using another device.
You can use your computer using your laptop or access it remotely when you are working on a different device. It helps you become more productive when you need to work on something fast.
The system communication tool can even prove helpful if you are working remotely or giving troubleshooting support from different locations. All you have to do is enable the Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) that uses the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) network feature on your Microsoft Windows 11 computer.
How to Turn On Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) Tool on Windows 11 Computer
Before you can start using the Remote Desktop Connection tool and make it working properly on your Windows 11 PC, you need to enable and turn it on first from your settings. Follow the steps below to know how to do it.
- On your Windows 11 computer, click the Start button.
- Select the Settings menu.
- Go to the left side and select System.
- On the right side, click Remote Desktop.
- Look for the Remote Desktop option and toggle the button next to it to Enable.
- Click Confirm to continue with the setup.
Now, your Remote Desktop is turned on. If you want to change the settings, click the downward arrow next to the toggle button on the Remote Desktop option. You also have the option to change your PC name by going back to the System window and selecting Rename.
How to Use & Connect to Windows 11 PC through Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)
- Click the Start button and search for Remote Desktop Connection.
- Click the Show Options button at the bottom.
- From there, you can access different settings that you will need to use Remote Desktop.
- Go to the General tab.
- Enter the name of the computer and the username where you want to connect remotely. Click Save to save the settings for future connections.
- Go to the Display tab and set the size of your remote desktop.
- You can also tweak other settings on the Local Resources, Experience, and Advanced tab.
- Once done, click the Connect button.
- Enter the login credentials of your remote desktop.
- Click OK.
How to Add Users to your Remote Desktop Users Group
It is possible to provide access to a different account or user on your Remote Desktop set up. All you have to do is add it as a new user to grant it permission to connect.
- Navigate to the System menu on your Settings.
- Select Remote Desktop.
- Click Remote Desktop users.
- Click the Add button.
- Enter the name of the user.
- Click the Check Names button.
- Click OK after verifying the name.
- If your PC cannot verify the name, click the Advanced button.
- Click Find Now.
- Look for the user under the Search results.
- Highlight the name and click OK.
- Click OK again.
Is the Remote Desktop feature on Windows 11 helpful for you? We value your opinion, so please write to us in the comment section below.BLACK FRIDAY 2022: Check out these can’t be missed trending deals for Black Friday 2022.