A factory reset can help fix bugs and other known issues on your Hisense TV. Depending on the type of error your smart TV faces, you can perform a soft reset or a hard factory reset the settings. But, you will need a remote control to perform the reset process in a few steps.
What if you do not have a remote control for your Hisense TV? What if your remote control got broken or no longer working? Facing a problem on your Hisense smart TV is sometimes better off when you reset it completely. But, if you do not have a remote, there are workarounds that you can do.
Ways to Factory Reset or Soft Reset your Hisense Smart TV & Roku TV without a Remote Control
Let us start first with the easiest step. There are Hisense TV models with a reset button found at the back. All you have to do is access the reset button. Press and hold it for 15 seconds until it resets your TV. But, please note that only selected Hisense Roku TV models have physical reset buttons on them.
If your Hisense smart TV does not have a reset button, there are also other ways to perform the settings reset.
How to Soft Reset your Hisense TV without a Remote
- Turn on your Hisense TV and unplug it from the power outlet.
- Locate the Power button on your TV. Press and hold it for at least 60 seconds.
- Now, plug your TV back in and press the Power button to turn it on.
Another way is to look for the Volume Up and Menu/Input buttons at the side of your Hisense TV. Press and hold these buttons. Now, press and hold the Power button as you continue to hold the two previous buttons. Release the three buttons after your TV restarts.
How to Hard Reset or Factory Reset your Hisense TV Settings without a Remote Control
Some streaming issues do not go away with only a soft reset. You need to perform a hard or factory reset on your TV to bring it back to the default settings and eliminate recurring streaming problems. A factory reset means your TV settings will revert to their factory default.
- Turn on your Hisense TV.
- At the back of your TV, look for the reset pinhole.
- Now, insert a toothpick or any wooden small stick into the pinhole and press it for at least 20 seconds until your Hisense TV restarts.
Perform a Factory Reset on Hisense TV via Hisense RemoteNow App
- First, go to the Google Play Store or the AppStore and download the Hisense RemoteNow app.
- After downloading, make sure your smartphone and TV connect to the same network.
- Launch the Hisense RemoteNow app.
- Setup your account.
- Now, try to pair your Hisense TV to your smartphone.
- Tap the Select button and enter the correct model of your Hisense TV.
- A PIN will appear on your TV screen.
- Enter the PIN to the app and select Pair.
- If paired successfully, navigate to the Settings menu.
- Go to Device Preferences.
- Select Reset.
- Tap Erase Everything.
Why do you want to do a reset on your Hisense TV? You can tell us your thoughts in the comments section below.