While streaming your favorite movies or TV shows on Amazon Prime Video, you may encounter the error code 9074. There are different reasons why this error code occurs. In some cases, the Amazon error code happens when you are streaming your Amazon Prime Video through your Roku device.
Amazon Prime Video may also have technical difficulties or service outages on their end, so it is best to wait for them to fix the issue.
Another cause of the error code 9074 is an issue with the configuration of the channel you are using. You may have had problems with your Internet connection or with your VPNs if you are using it. In some cases, your Roku device may be causing the error.
Still, there are ways on how you can fix the error and go back to your video streaming.
Fix Amazon Prime Video Error Code 9074
Method #1 – Check Your Amazon Prime Status
There may be a problem with your Amazon Prime Video status thus making the video pop up every now and then. You can check the status by navigating to Down Detector website and see if there are existing problems with Amazon Prime Video.
Method #2 – Disable the VPN or Proxy Server
Using a proxy server or a VPN is helpful to most Internet users but sometimes, they can also hinder other channels from going through. It is possible that the VPN you are using may be causing the error. Try to remove it and reconnect your Amazon Prime Video. You also need to switch to a private network if you are using a public connection.
If you are using a free VPN service, it might be the best time to get a premium account. Take a look at any of these paid VPN service providers, sign up for a free trial to see if it fits your streaming style.
- Hotspot Shield
- Ivacy VPN
- Private Internet Access
Method #3 – Perform a Power Cycle
A power cycle will help refresh your system’s configuration to its default and will erase temporary configurations that may be causing the error. Keep in mind that power cycling involving shutting down all your devices.
- Shut down all devices properly including your router and modem.
- Next, unplug all devices from the power outlet and wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Plug in your router and wait for it to fully restart.
- Plug in your modem and wait for it to fully restart.
- Now, plug in your TV and Roku devices and turn on. Check if the error is still there.
Method #4 – Reset the Channel in Your Roku Device
When adding the Amazon Prime Video channel in Roku, the configuration may not have been properly set. You will have to remove the channel and add it again to reset it.
RELATED: Amazon Prime Video Error Code 1060
- Go to the Roku Channel menu.
- Click Prime Video’s channel.
- Select Channel options.
- Click Remove.
- Restart your computer.
- Go to the Channel Store.
- Search for prime Vide and click Add Channel.
- Open the Prime Video and check if the error is still there.
Method #5 – Unregister Your Roku Device in Amazon
- In any browser, open the Amazon website.
- Go to your account settings.
- Select Digital Content.
- Click Manage Your Content and Device.
- Select Your Devices.
- Look for the Roku device and click Deregister.
- Reboot your Roku device.
- Open the Prime Video.
- Click Settings.
- Select Help and Settings.
- Click Sign out.
- Again, click Sign out when you are asked again.
- Restart your Roku device. You may now add your Amazon account and your Amazon Prime Video Channel.
Hopefully, the methods above can help you solve your Amazon Prime Video error. Which method above is most helpful for you? Let us know in the comments below.
NEED A NEW ACCOUNT? Sign up for Amazon Prime Video free trial here!