Skullcandy is the more affordable alternative to other high-end audio products out in the market right now.
The earbuds and headphones from the brand have been enjoying immense popularity among younger audiences partly because of their cheaper price tags and partly because you can find them in almost all retail stores all over the country.
You can find different Skullcandy items ranging from $200 to as low as $8, especially those found at local big-chain stores.
However, despite the fame that the Skullcandy brand has been enjoying, it is not without faults. In particular, many users have expressed their concern that the instruction manual that comes with their devices doesn’t cover properly the process of how to factory reset Skullcandy True wireless earbuds and headphones.
Hard Reset Your Skullcandy True Wireless Earbuds
The control button on Skullcandy True wireless earbuds protrudes from the earpiece’s surface. The button is embossed with the logo of Skullcandy so you can easily see it without trying too hard.
Since there are several variants of Skullcandy True wireless earbuds, the process of hard resetting them also differs a bit.
Steps to Factory Reset Skullcandy True Wireless Earbuds Jib True and True 2
- If you have a Jib True or True 2, the first thing you have to do is take out the earbuds from their case.
- You have to long-press the control button for 4 seconds for both earbuds at the same time.
- Press both of the earbuds’ control buttons for 10 seconds so you can fully reset them.
- Put back the earbuds in their charging case afterward.
Ways to Factory Reset Skullcandy True Wireless Earbuds Jib True XT 2
- For owners who want to reset their Jib True XT 2, start by removing the earbuds from their charging case.
- Wait for the voice prompt that says that the earbuds are already powered on.
- Proceed to press both of the earbuds’ control buttons two times.
- Press on this same button for another 2 seconds.
- For this step, you just need to follow the pattern press-release-press-release-long press.
- Next, wait until both earbuds flash red two times and blue two times as well.
- There should be a voice prompt informing you of successfully resetting the earbuds.
Factory Reset Your Skullcandy Headphones
Just like with the earbuds, resetting your Skullcandy headphones is also relatively easy. Probably the trickiest part is to identify the buttons you should be pushing although even this should be that hard at all.
Many headphones from the Skullcandy brand follow a similar reset pattern.
- Start by removing your device from the Bluetooth-paired list of your phone.
- Press the appropriate buttons and hold them for 10 seconds.
Remember that the length of time differs from one product to another. The headphones should then reset themselves from there and you have to pair them once again.
Skullcandy True wireless earbuds and headphones are in-demand, particularly among younger users, thanks to their cheaper price tags and availability. If you ever need to factory reset your device, all you have to do is to follow the steps above.