One of the reasons why streaming services and platforms such as Roku earn money is through advertisements. Just like the old-fashioned TV services where you see advertisements in between shows, online services also play ads as a way to earn more money other than the subscriptions.
Roku is one of the popular streaming devices these days. But, these devices have advertising and tracking. It may seem annoying if you are interrupted by advertisements when watching a show or when on your homescreen, especially if you have seen the ads several times.
How to Disable Ads on Your Roku TV
Unfortunately, if you want to disable or block the ads on your Roku or Roku TV home screen, it may not be possible for you. Roku devices have built-in advertisements and tracking that runs every time you are connected to the Internet. It automatically downloads ads and runs them on the shows. The only good thing about it is that it does not take up a lot of your bandwidth.
Alternative to Blocking Ads on Roku
Enable Limit Ad Tracking
Roku ads appear based on its tracking of your preferences. If you feel intimidated by this setup, you can limit the ad tracking, so only generic ads appear on your screen. It means that the ads are less obvious to what you are searching for or watching on your Roku device.
- To enable Limit Ad Tracking, go to your Settings.
- Select Privacy and click Advertising.
- Choose the Limit Ad Tracking option.
Disable Pop-up Ads
What’s annoying than watching an advertisement? Another advertisement on top of it. That is sometimes the case in Roku ads. Pop-up ads appear as if you cannot get enough of one marketing message. If you are annoyed by it, you can always disable the ads.
- Go to the Settings.
- Select Privacy.
- Click Smart TV Experience.
- Uncheck the Use info from TV inputs to disable pop-up ads.
These methods may not be the best solutions to stop you from watching the ads on your Roku devices but they can ease up your burden. For other people, they choose to transfer to another streaming service players just to get rid of the ads.
Here are the top streaming players available for you right now!
- Amazon Fire TV (View at Amazon | View at Bed Bath and Beyond | View at Best Buy)
- Amazon Fire Stick (View at Amazon | View at Bed Bath and Beyond | View at Best Buy)
- Amazon Fire TV Cube (View at Amazon | View at Bed Bath and Beyond | View at Best Buy)
- Chromecast with Google TV (View at Amazon | View at Walmart | View at Best Buy)
- Nvidia Shield TV (View at Amazon | View at Walmart | View at Best Buy)
- Apple TV 4K (View at Amazon | View at Walmart | View at Best Buy)
- TiVo Stream 4K (View at Amazon | View at Walmart)
- Xfinity Flex (View from Website)
Are you willing to tolerate the ads on your Roku and Roku TV? Or, are the ads a huge reason to transfer to another streaming device? Let us know in the comments below.