Getting stuck while setting up your Alexa app and Amazon Echo device can be irritating. It prevents you from moving forward and using your new Amazon smart speaker. However, there are ways to fix the problem. You can check out these methods below to learn more.
Fix Amazon Echo Dot and Alexa App Won’t Connect to WiFi & Stuck on Setup Mode
If your Amazon Echo Dot smart speaker or other Echo and Alexa device is not connecting to WiFi Internet and you got stuck on set up screen, these solutions might help you get it out of there. You can follow each method below one at a time and try to proceed with your Alexa app setup on your Echo device again.
Solution #1 – Restart Your Device
Reboot your phone to refresh your connection. Turn off both your Amazon Echo or other Alexa devices and your mobile device. Wait for a few seconds before you turn them back on. This often disregarded simple method might do wonders when it comes to network connection issues.
Solution #2 – Check If Your Alexa App is Compatible with your Device
One of the reasons why your Alexa App gets stuck on set up is when you do not have the latest version of the app, or your device OS is not compatible. For Android phones, you will need to have the Android version 4.4 or higher. Apple devices should have iOS 8.0 or higher, and Amazon Fire devices with Fire OS 3.0 or higher.
Solution #3 – Download New Updates on Your Alexa App
- Launch the app store of your device.
- Look for the Alexa app.
- Check if there are available updates that you can download for your Alexa app.
- Tap Install.
Solution #4 – Turn On Location on Your Mobile Device
- Navigate to the Settings menu of your device.
- For some smartphones, you will need to go to Privacy first.
- Then, select Location or Location Services.
- Enable the Location.
Solution #5 – Check your Phone’s Time and Date Settings
Set the time and date of your device to automatic. Errors usually happen when you don’t have the exact time and date on your device.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Select Date and Time.
- Enable the Automatic Date and Time feature.
Solution #6 – Set Up Alexa via Web
You can also try to set up your Alexa app through the website.
- Go to https://alexa.amazon.com/.
- Log in to your Amazon account.
- Select Settings.
- Click Setup a Device.
- Now, you can begin setting up your Alexa app.
Solution #7 – Reinstall the Alexa App
- First, you will need to uninstall the app.
- Go to Settings and navigate to Apps.
- Look for the Alexa app.
- Select Uninstall.
- Now, go to the app store of your device.
- Search for the Alexa app.
- Select Install.
Have you tried other solutions that have solved the Alexa app error? You can share them below to help other users.