Quirklogic released its new digital writing device called Papyr a few months ago. The 13.3. inch ePaper based digital writing device allows users to take notes and do a freehand drawing. Papyr offers its users convenience and sleek usage that will convert thoughts and ideas into notes they can save online.
Aside from its paper and pen experience, the e-notes device is lightweight with a letter-size design. It comes with a long-lasting battery that you can use for up to 3 weeks, so even if you are always on the go, Papyr comes in handy. The Quirklogic writing device also enables users to share their content with any Quirklogic Paper, Quirklogic Quilla, or the smartphone app for Android and iOS devices in real-time.
Quirklogic Papyr Firmware 1.1 Update
Listed below are the new improvements on Papyr when you download and install the firmware 1.1 version.
- There are more improvements in pen performance.
- Split Screen allows users to open two workbooks at the same time. They can compare both workbooks side by side.
- Users can now open the last accessed page. When they reopen a workbook, they will be directed to the last accessed page.
- At the Home button, a new update option will enable users to see available updates.
- Aside from Split Screen, the Swap Screen allows users to swap the location of their workbooks in the Split Screen.
- Users will have the option to hide their toolbar either on the main screen or during the split-screen.
- There are no more Loading screens when opening and turning PDF pages.
- Instead of adding a blank page at the end of the workbook, black pages added will be placed after the current page.
How to Update Quirklogic Papyr Firmware or Device Software
When updating the software on your Quirklogic Papyr e-notes device, make sure that it is connected to a power source. You must also be connected to WiFi for a stable connection. Then, follow the steps below.
- From the home screen, click the 3-dotted menu found at the top right corner.
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to the General tab.
- Select System.
- Now, look for the Check button. Click it to scan for available updates.
- Check the box next to the terms.
- Click Install.
- It will start downloading and installing the new update. Your Papyr device will restart after the installation.
What do you think of the new Quirklogic Papyr software update? We would love to know your thoughts, so drop us a comment below.