Although the PlayStation 5 (PS5) is a strong gaming system, occasionally gamers may run across error codes that might ruin their gaming enjoyment. SU-101217-2 and WS-116520-5 are two frequently occurring error codes.
You shouldn’t worry if you encounter these error codes. We’ll lead you through numerous stages in this thorough troubleshooting guide to assist you in fixing these PS5 error codes.
Methods to Resolve Error Code SU-101217-2 on PS5
The PS5’s system software is often the cause of the SU-101217-2 error code. Here are some potential fixes for this issue:
Update your PS5 Software via USB Update
- Access the PlayStation website and save the most recent system files to a USB stick.
- Join the PS5 and the USB drive.
- To upgrade the system software via the USB device, adhere to the on-screen directions.
To address any issues with the current version and ensure your PS5 is operating on the latest software, update the system using a USB device.
Update your PlayStation5 in Safe Mode
- Completely turn off your PS5.
- Press and hold the power button until two beeps are audible: the first immediately upon pressing, and the second around seven seconds later.
- Use a USB cord to connect the DualSense controller to your PS5.
- From the Safe Mode menu, choose “Update System Software”.
- To upgrade the system software, adhere to the on-screen instructions.
Any software-related problems that might be the root of the SU-101217-2 error code can be fixed by updating the system software while the computer is in Safe Mode.
Factory Reset Option 7
- Completely turn off your PS5.
- To get into Safe Mode, hold down the power button until you hear two beeps.
- Pick “Initialize PS5 (Reinstall System Software)”.
- Comply with the on-screen instructions and, when requested, choose “Option 7”.
By reinstalling the system software, the factory reset option can assist in solving the error code. Although this option might provide the same issue when the system file on the USB is checked, it is still worthwhile to attempt.
Ways to Troubleshoot PS5 Error Code WS-116520-5
A PlayStation Network (PSN) server issue is usually what the WS-116520-5 error number denotes. You can address this error in the following ways:
Check the PSN Server Status as a First Step
- To find out the most recent server status, go to the official PlayStation Network Service Status page or conduct an online search.
- See whether there have been any maintenance tasks or issues with the PSN servers.
- You might have to wait until the problem is fixed if the servers are down or are experiencing a user overload.
Checking the server status can help determine the reason of the error because this error code frequently arises when there is a problem on the PSN server side.
Wait for the PSN Server and Try Again Later
It might be required to wait and try again later if the PSN servers are overloaded or in need of maintenance. The servers may get overloaded during periods of high demand, which can cause connectivity problems.
Being patient is essential in these circumstances, and trying to connect at a less hectic period may help to fix the WS-116520-5 error number.
Further Support and Resources to Fix PS5 Issue
Additional resources are available to assist you if the aforementioned fixes do not fix problem codes SU-101217-2 or WS-116520-5.
To discover additional information and support, go to the official PlayStation website and look up the precise issue code. Additionally, active groups frequently debate and troubleshoot PlayStation-related difficulties on forums like Reddit.