When it comes to fitness tracking, Garmin is a reliable and probably the most popular brand preferred by many people. However, there are times when you experience issues with your Garmin watch. For instance, your Garmin smartwatch or fitness tracker may be paired with your smartphone but the device is not connecting or syncing your workouts and other activity data.
Why is Garmin Watch not Syncing with my Phone?
One of the reasons for the syncing problem with your Garmin watch is a connection error. There may be issues with your Bluetooth or Internet connection. Another reason is your outdated app or device software. You may fail to install the latest software or firmware update through your Garmin Connect app or update the app itself.
How to Fix Garmin Device is Paired But Not Connecting or Syncing Data to Garmin Connect App
There are possible other causes of your Garmin device not connecting and syncing or uploading your workout data. Fortunately, you can try to troubleshoot the error with the following solutions we have listed below.
Solution #1 – Restart your Garmin Watch
Look for the Power button on your Garmin tracker. Some watches have the Power button where you turn on the backlight. Other devices have it in the controls menu. Press and hold the Power button until your Garmin watch turns off. Then, turn it on again.
Solution #2 – Check your Bluetooth and WiFi Connection
Make sure that the Bluetooth on your smartphone is on. Navigate to the Settings menu and go to Bluetooth. You can turn it off and on to refresh the connection. Do the same with your WiFi or mobile data.
Solution #3 – Update your Garmin Connect App
- Launch the App Store or the Google Play Store.
- Go to Manage Apps or Apps.
- Search for Garmin Connect or Garmin Explore.
- Now, tap the Update button to install available updates.
- Restart your device.
Solution #4 – Make Sure your Garmin Device is not on Power Save Mode
The Power Save mode will limit the syncing schedule of your Garmin device. If it is on, your data will not always sync in real-time to save on power. You can temporarily disable it.
- Navigate to the Menu on your Garmin device.
- Select Power Manager or Activity Settings.
- Go to Battery Saver or Power Save Timeout.
- Select Off or Extended.
Solution #5 – Manually Sync your Data on Garmin Connect App
- Place your Garmin tracker near your phone.
- Launch the Garmin app.
- Navigate to the Menu.
- Tap and hold the Connection icon to sync your data.
Solution #6 – Re-add your Garmin Watch to Garmin App
- Open the Garmin Connect App.
- Navigate to the menu.
- Select Garmin Devices.
- Press and hold your Garmin watch. For the iOS app, select your Garmin watch. Tap the three-dotted icon in the top right corner.
- Tap Remove Device.
- Tap Remove.
- Now, add back your Garmin watch by tapping Add Device.
Did any of the solutions above work for you in fixing the syncing issues with a Garmin device? We love to know your answer, so please drop one for us in the comment section below.