There are a lot of features you can enjoy with your iPhone device. One of these features is the voicemail greetings. It allows you to make your voicemails more personal since callers can hear your voice first before they can leave you a message. When you receive the voicemails, iPhone allows you to view them as well through the Visual Voicemail feature.
But, several users said that they encounter the com.apple.mobilephone error 1035 on their iPhone. It prevents them from using or opening their voicemails.
What Does Error 1035 Mean on an iPhone?
When you see the iOS error 1035, you will see the message, “The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.mobilephone error 1035.)”
The error happens when users try to update the visual voicemail on their iPhone. One of the reasons for the problem is due to issues with the network connection. In some cases, the voicemail has not been set up correctly.
How Do I Fix Voicemail Error on iPhone?
If you are seeing the voicemail error 1035 on your iOS device right now, there are several ways on how you can fix the problem. Follow each solution below and find out if it works or not.
Solution #1 – Switch to Cellular Data
Instead of using your WiFi connection, it helps if you are using your mobile or cellular data.
- Launch the Setting menu of your iPhone device.
- Look for WiFi. Toggle it to Off.
- Now, open the Cellular option.
- Beside Cellular Data, toggle it to On.
- Try your voicemail again.
Solution #2 – Use the Airplane Mode
- First, turn off the Airplane Mode.
- Swipe your screen to open the notification bar.
- Look for the Airplane Mode and tap it to turn On.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Tap it again to turn it Off.
Solution #3 – Reset the Network Settings
- Open the Settings menu.
- Go to the General option.
- Look for Reset and tap to open.
- Now, tap Reset Network Settings.
- Your iPhone device will restart. Try using your voicemail again.
Solution #4 – Set up Your Visual Voicemail
If you have not configured your voicemail, try doing it now.
- Turn off your WiFi first.
- On your home screen, tap the Phone icon.
- Open the keypad.
- Dial and hold the number 1. It will allow you to enter your voicemail settings.
- Enter your password and follow the instructions on how to set up your voicemail.
- If you are done, press the End call button and restart your iPhone.
Which of the solutions above help you fix the error 1035? Let us know in the comments below.