People love creating snaps to send various messages to others. With its creative and focused media process, no wonder a lot of users make Snapchat a part of their daily lifestyle.
Snapchat works by allowing its users to create pictures, videos, or messages called snap and send them to receivers. These snaps are available only for a short time. After that, you can no longer access them.
Such a unique way to import a message becomes addicting to users. Unfortunately, creating snaps is not always a walk in the park. You may sometimes encounter problems that prevent you from continuing on the Snapchat social media platform.
One example of a Snapchat messenger app error is “Oops! We could not find matching credentials.” The authentication problem happens when you try to login to your social media account. Certain users report that the credential verification issue only happens when they sign in using specific devices.
How to Troubleshoot & Resolve “Oops! We Could Not Find Matching Credentials” Login Bug on Snapchat
If you experience the credential issue or bug upon logging in on Snapchat app, you can troubleshoot it with several fixes. Check out the various methods below how you can fix the no matching credentials error on Snapchat.
Solution #1 – Perform a Power Cycle on your Device
- Exit Snapchat and turn off your device.
- Unplug your router and modem for at least 3 minutes.
- Plug your router and modem back in and turn on your device.
- Relaunch Snapchat and check if the error is still there.
Solution #2 – Reset your Snapchat Password
- Log out of your Snapchat account.
- On the login screen, tap or click Forgot your password.
- Enter your email address.
- Open your email client and check for any messages from Snapchat.
- Click the reset link.
- Enter your new password.
Solution #3 – Turn off VPN or Proxy Server
If you are using a VPN connection or a proxy server, you can disable it temporarily and see if you can connect to your Snapchat account without a problem.
If you must use a VPN for whatever reason, you can try out any of these premium service providers.
Solution #4 – Clear the Snapchat App Cache
- On your Android device, navigate to the Settings menu.
- Select Apps.
- Choose Snapchat.
- Go to Storage.
- Tap Clear Cache.
- Tap Clear Data.
- For iOS devices, you need to uninstall and reinstall the Snapchat app to clear the cache.
Solution #5 – Update your Snapchat App
- Go to the AppStore or the Google Play Store.
- Look for Snapchat.
- You can also go to Manage Apps.
- Select Snapchat.
- Tap the Update button if available.
Solution #6 – Open Snapchat on a Different Device
You can try to open your Snapchat account on another device and see if it works. Most users have luck with this workaround. As mentioned above, the login verification bug usually appears on specific devices only.
Solution #7 – Reinstall the Snapchat App
If you continue to encounter the error, you can reinstall a new version of the app.
- First, uninstall the Snapchat app based on the instructions of your device.
- Navigate to the App Store or the Google Play Store and look for Snapchat.
- Tap the Install button.
- Restart your device.
Solution #8 – Contact Snapchat Support
- Launch any web browser.
- Go to https://support.snapchat.com/en-US/i-need-help.
- Check the box on the issue you are facing at the moment.
- Follow the rest of the instructions on how to resolve the error.
Which of the methods above fixed the Snapchat login credential authentication error? We love to know what works! You can tell us in the comment section below.