Snapchat is one of the most popular social media people use frequently. Unlike its contenders, Snapchat gives you a different process of expressing yourself and communicating with your friends. Instead of keeping your posts forever for everyone to see, your videos and photos will be gone after viewing them.
The Snapchat app is available for Android and iOS mobile devices. Users can check out added features to make their snaps more enjoyable and attractive to their audience. Now, they can use AR-based lenses or different filters to edit their current photos and videos. They can share a chronological story or make Bitmoji avatars. Users can also live video chat with each other and send messages or short videos.
However, if you have media content already recorded and stored on your device that you want to integrate on your snaps, it is possible to upload them? Definitely, yes! Snapchat allows you to upload and post photos and videos from your mobile device private storage.
How to Upload and Post Photos or Videos from your Gallery to Snapchat
Uploading and posting your local media content to Snapchat is easy. You can use the feature called Snapchat Memories. Not only will you be able to upload existing photos or videos, but you can also save your snaps.
Here’s how to use Snapchat Memories.
- On your mobile device, launch your Snapchat app.
- Go to the Camera tab. Usually, the app opens on the Camera tab. If not, you can swipe either left or right to go to the Camera tab.
- Below the Capture button, tap the small image icon.
- The Memories tab will appear on the screen. There will be several tabs under Snapchat Memories.
- Navigate to the Camera Roll tab to access the photos and videos not captured from Snapchat.
- Look for the content you want to upload. Tap to open media preview.
- To share it, tap the blue Send button. To edit it, tap the Edit Photo or Edit Video.
- After making your changes, tap the blue Send button to upload.
- The Send To screen will appear. Now, you can upload it as your Snapchat story or send it to selected people.
- Tap the blue Send button again to upload or send it.
That’s it! Now, you have more options to add to your Snapchat posts and keep your followers updated and engaged. What do you think of Snapchat Memories? Let us know what you think in the comments section below.