The latest Bing AI aims to help people unlock the joys of discovery and learn all the knowledge that the world has to offer. With this AI powered by ChatGPT service from OpenAI, Bing hopes to provide better search, more complete answers, the ability to generate content, and a whole new chat experience for its users.
But while the power of AI is a real breakthrough, some people still report issues about it. ‘Sorry, looks like your network settings are preventing access to this feature’ is one of the errors that many users have noted.
If your browsing experience on Bing AI is hampered by this issue, here are some simple fixes you can try.
How to Fix ‘Sorry, looks like your network settings are preventing access to this feature’ Error Message on New Bing AI
Check Your Internet Network for Connection Problems
This might sound too basic but yes, you still need to make sure that your device has a stable and strong internet connection. Try to restart your modem or WiFi router and check if it solves the problem.
Clear Cached Data and Browsing History on your Web Browser
Your cached data and browsing history are very common but often overlooked causes of most error messages. All those data and files that were saved in your browser may soon interfere with its function, resulting in some browsing problems. Follow these steps to clear your cached data and browsing history:
- Open the Microsoft Edge browser on your device.
- Click the three dots that represent the Menu icon located in the upper right corner of the browser.
- Choose “Settings” from the dropdown menu.
- Go to “Cookies and site permissions” from the panel on the left side.
- Select the option “Manage and delete cookies and site data” from the right panel.
- Choose “See all cookies and site data.”
- Click “Remove All” on the top.
- Choose “Privacy, search, and services” from the sidebar on the left.
- Scroll down and click “Choose what to clear” beside “Clear Browsing Data Now.”
- Choose the categories you want to delete in the next popup window and click “Clear Now.”
Enable or Disable VPN Service to Troubleshoot Possible Interference
Using a VPN or virtual private network service may help establish a strong connection to the server. This is a particularly helpful method for China-based users since this error seems to be mainly affecting Chinese users.
Here are the steps to follow to enable VPN:
- Choose a reliable VPN provider.
- Install their software on the device you’re using.
- Connect to the closest server location to your physical location.
- Try to access Bing AI again once you’re connected.
On the other hand, if you’re already using a VPN connection, you might want to change the location or disable it first before you try to use Bing AI chat search engine again.
Here’s how to disable VPN:
- Open Windows Settings by pressing the Windows key + l.
- Go to Network & Internet from the left-hand panel and then click the VPN option from the right-hand panel.
- Turf off VPN by toggling off the switch.
You can also open the VPN application you’re using to disable the VPN. For reasons you only know and you can’t do without a VPN, you can choose from these premium providers that’s known not to interfere with your current settings.
AI technology is getting better by the day and Bing AI is the browser’s way of keeping up with the changes. However, since it’s still in its early stages, it’s no surprise that it still encounters a few errors. Try the tips above the next time you encounter the message ‘Sorry, looks like your network settings are preventing access to this feature.’