Privacy is crucial online to prevent identity theft and hacking. Many hackers are prying on other people’s personal information to give them access to bank accounts, emails, and other private accounts. It also works the same on social media platforms. While users seem to enjoy sharing their profiles and updates to their friends, there is the potential danger of being hacked.
Facebook allows anyone to access other people’s profiles. It is easier to search for someone you have not met or talked to for several years by looking for them on Facebook. Even if you don’t interact with other people, you can see what is going on in their lives by scrolling down on their timeline.
As people with bad intentions are continually looking for information on Facebook, they are using private data such as birthdays, family members, or others. One way to protect yourself is to hide your Facebook profile from searches and other users. You can continue to post updates on your Facebook timeline, but only friends, whom you have requests approval, can view your updates.
Hiding Your Facebook Profile from Searches and Other Users
It is easy to hide your Facebook Profile by following these steps.
- Launch your Facebook app on your phone. You can also open the Facebook website on your browser.
- Log in to your account, if you have not already.
- On the top of your screen, click the Menu icon. It can be the three lines on your app or the down arrow on the website.
- Select Settings & Privacy.
- Go to Settings.
- Click Privacy.
- Scroll down and go to the questions on how people will find and contact you.
- On each question, click Edit to set who you want to find you. You can choose Everyone, Friends, Friends of friends, or Only Me. It depends on how you want to set it.
Keep in mind that there are information that must be limited to friends such as your phone number, address, or birthday.
Did the article help you? Let us know in the comments below.