Nintendo Switch or Switch Lite gives you 32GB storage allowance for all your games so many gamers are wondering how they can transfer their Nintendo Switch Game to SD Cards.
Gamers buy MicroSD cards to expand their storage capacities and download more games on their Switch consoles. However, the only option is to re-download the games. With the recent firmware update, Nintendo Switch now allows gamers to transfer and move their game downloads directly to their SD or microSD cards.
The Nintendo Switch’s 10.0.0 Firmware Update
Nintendo releases its Switch 10.0.0 Firmware update and it offers gamers better options to their game downloads. You can directly transfer your games to your SD card and back to your console. It will give you more storage space on your Switch console for future game downloads.
In addition to the game transfer, the update enables you to remap buttons on your controller. You can use it with the built-in controls of Switch Lite, Joy-Cons, and Pro Controller. The remap buttons enable you to swap your buttons and analog sticks. You can save it as one of your five presets.
You can also change your user profile from the collection of the new Animal Crossing: New Horizons icons.
Take note that only downloadable software, update data, and DLC can be transferred and not user save points. Once you have downloaded your game into your SD cards, your save data will be saved on your system memory.
How to Transfer Nintendo Switch Games to SD Card
First, update your Switch software to the 10.0.0 version. Go to the settings menu and to System to manually install the update. Or, you can check your console if it automatically updated the system.
- Turn off your Switch console. To do this, hold the power button down until the shutdown option appears.
- Choose Power Options and select Turn off.
- Look behind the kickstand and insert your microSD card into the console.
- Turn on the console.
- On the Home Screen, go to System Settings.
- Choose Data Management.
- Select Manage Software.
- Scroll down and select the game you want to transfer, for example Animal Crossing.
- Choose Archive Software.
- Select Archive.
- On the right side of your console, press the Home button to go back to the Home Screen.
- Choose the archived game.
- Select Download. It will automatically download your game to your microSD card.
What Nintendo games do you want to transfer to your microSD card? Let us know in the comments below.