Are you tired of encountering those pesky Windows errors, NET HELPMSG 3523 and NET HELPMSG 3534, while trying to start or stop a Windows service? Don’t worry, you’re not alone!
These frustrating messages can leave you feeling confused and stuck, but fear not, because we’ve got you covered.
In this article, we’ll decode the mystery behind these error messages and provide you with effective solutions to help you fix the Windows error in no time. So, sit back, relax, and let’s tackle these issues on Windows together!
What is NET HELPMSG 3534 and NET HELPMSG 3523 on Windows PC?
NET HELPMSG 3534 and NET HELPMSG 3523 are error messages that are displayed when you try to start or stop a Windows service using the command prompt or Services console.
Easy Solutions to Resolve Windows Error NET HELPMSG 3523/NET HELPMSG 3534
If you are not very experienced with computers or Windows operating systems, there are a few simple solutions that you can try to fix the NET HELPMSG 3523 and NET HELPMSG 3534 errors. Here are three easy methods that you can use:
Stop Services via the Task Manager
- Open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Go to the “Services” tab and find the service you want to stop.
- Right-click on the service and select “Stop.”
Delete Files and Folders on Software Distribution
- Open the Start menu and type “cmd” in the search bar.
- Right-click on “Command Prompt” and select “Run as administrator.”
- Type “net stop wuauserv” and press Enter.
- Navigate to the “C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore” directory.
- Delete all files and folders in this directory.
- Type “net start wuauserv” and press Enter.
Turn Off Running Apps in the Background on your Windows PC
- Open the Start menu and go to “Settings.”
- Click on “Privacy” and then select “Background apps.”
- Toggle off the “Let apps run in the background” option.
Advanced Solutions to Fix Windows Error NET HELPMSG 3523/NET HELPMSG 3534
If you are an experienced computer user or IT professional, there are a few more advanced solutions that you can try to fix the NET HELPMSG 3523 and NET HELPMSG 3534 errors. Here are two more advanced methods that you can use:
Recopy the my.ini file on the Program Data Directory
- Navigate to the “C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0” directory.
- Copy the “my.ini” file.
- Navigate to the “C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0” directory.
- Paste the “my.ini” file.
Change Encoding Format
- Open the “my.ini” file in a text editor.
- Save a backup copy of the file.
- Change the encoding format from UTF-8 to ANSI.
- Save the file and close the text editor.
If you are not very experienced with computers, the easy methods should be sufficient to resolve the issue. However, if you are an experienced computer user, the more advanced methods may be useful.
Regardless of your skill level, be sure to make a backup of any files you are modifying and proceed with caution to avoid causing any further issues.