Amazon’s Alexa is one of the top smart home devices today for a good reason. It was one of the first on the market, and it has only ever improved over the years.
Today, it’s still one of the best smart speakers, even with competitive devices released by Google and other tech giants. If you own an Alexa-enabled device, you might encounter some errors from time to time.
In this guide, you’ll see some options if you’re faced with the “Having Trouble Understanding Right Now” error message. The problem is usually linked to a lack of connection to the official Alexa servers, so its related to a network problem.
Best Ways to Troubleshoot Alexa Having Trouble Understanding Right Now Error
Troubleshooting is the most important way to begin addressing this issue. You can do that successfully by following the solutions we’ve presented step-by-step.
Restart your Amazon Echo Device
If you’re using an Amazon Echo, restarting is a good way to ensure that it works as intended.
- Unplug your Echo device from the power source (either at the wall, or holding down its power button).
- Wait for at least 30 seconds and plug it back in again.
- Wait for the activity LEDs to stop flashing, then you can try speaking to Alexa.
Check your Router Connection
Your WiFi router could be the issue at hand. You can resolve the problem from this point by restarting it.
- Turn it off at the switch and unplug.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Plug it back in and turn it on.
- Wait for the connection to be established.
- After the activity LEDs are turned off, you can see if the error persists.
Check Software Updates for your Amazon Echo Device
Echo devices from Amazon are usually given updates that improve the service’s quality. If you’re having an issue with your device, you can say “Alexa, check for software updates.” You can always use the app to help with your updates as well.
Updating your Alexa app is also an option if you’re not using an Echo device. An app update can help with resolving it faster than ever.
Reset your Amazon Echo Device to Factory Settings
While you may lose all your search history and unique commands, resetting to factory settings can be quite helpful for your Alexa device. If you’re tired of dealing with overwhelming software issues, you can enjoy the experience all over again by sacrificing all your previous history. Here’s how to do it.
- Go to the Alexa app.
- Go to Echo & Alexa at the top left.
- Scroll down to the bottom and find the Registered To option.
- Tap Deregister on the right.
- A notification will appear confirming whether or not you want to do this.
- Proceed and you’ll be able to reset your device.
The Amazon Alexa voice assistant is still among the best options in the market right now. You can enjoy what it has to offer by using an Echo device.
If you’re encountering the “Having Trouble Understanding Right Now” error, this guide will hopefully help you get rid of it. Should the problem persist, don’t hesitate to contact Amazon customer support.