Updating your Xbox One can improve and add features to your console’s system. There are also fixes integrated with the update that can solve issues from the previous versions of your gaming console. However, many users are reporting errors when they are installing an update on their console. This is the error code 0x8b05000f 0x00000000 0x90170007.
If you encounter the same error, you may be having hardware issues. In some cases, your Xbox software may have problems or you are dealing with a server issue. Whatever is the reason for this update error, there are several ways on how you can fix it.
How to Fix Xbox One Error 0x8b05000f 0x00000000 0x90170007 when Updating
Method #1 – Check Your Xbox Live Status
It is possible that the error 0x8b05000f is caused by the Xbox server and not on your end. Verify first the status of Xbox Live to know if there are current issues that are undergoing. If there are, all you have to do is wait for them to fix the problem. If not, there are other causes that are creating the error.
Method #2 – Improve your Network Connection
You can do so by elevating your router to get a stronger connection. You may also connect your device directly to your modem thus bypassing the router connection.
Method #3 – Power Cycle Your Console
There may be problems with your hardware that causes the error code 0x8b05000f, so it is best to perform a power cycle.
- Hold the power button of your Xbox One console until it completely powers down.
- Unplug the cord from the main source.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds before plugging the cord back in.
- Next, turn on your Xbox One console by pressing the power button.
- Try to reinstall the update and see if it works properly.
Method #4 – Reset Your Xbox Console to Default
It works the same way as power cycling your console but with a different way to turn it on.
- Completely turn off your Xbox One Console and unplug the cord.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds and plug the cord back in.
- Next, press the power button. Hold down both the Bind button and the Eject button at the same time. The Bind button is next to the USB port while the Eject button is next to the disk slot.
- Hold both buttons until you hear the second power chime.
- Select Reset this Xbox One.
- Wait for the process to completely finish.
- Try installing the update again.
Which method above helped you fix the 0x8b05000f problem when updating your Xbox One device? We would love to know what is more helpful so tell us in the comments below.