Amazon rolled out its cloud gaming service last October called Luna. The launch started with an invitation-only to those who want to sign up. Players can go to amazon.com/Luna to request an invitation through Amazon.
Initially, Amazon requires players to buy the Luna Controller to receive an invitation to sign up for the early-access. However, Amazon changed its mind and opened the service to anyone who wants to get their hands first. This is Amazon’s foray into the growing cloud gaming industry that is being dominated by the pioneers right now such as Google Stadia, Nvidia GeForce Now, and soon Microsoft xCloud.
There are exciting games available on Amazon Luna that you can access on your PC or Mac computer and select browsers on Android devices, iPhone or iPad. You can play GRiD, Control, Sonic Mania, Metro Exodus, and more. Amazon also plans to integrate the Ubisoft+ channel for players to access more trending games online. To enjoy these services, you can subscribe at $5.99 per month.
Amazon recently announced that it would also allow Fire TV users to access and play Luna games on their big screen. If you love the experience of playing on TV, you can now use your Fire TV, Fire TV Stick or Fire TV Cube streaming player to connect to Luna.
How to Download and Install Amazon Luna on Fire TV Devices
To access Luna on your Fire TV device, you will only need to install the Amazon Luna app. Just make sure that you have the latest version of Fire OS. Follow these steps:
- On your Fire TV streaming device, navigate to Apps.
- Search for Luna on the apps menu, or you can enter it on the search bar.
- Open the Luna app.
- Click Get to download.
- After installing Luna, click Open.
Luna Compatible Amazon Fire TV Devices
According to Amazon, these are the Fire TV devices that are compatible with the Luna app.
- Fire TV Cube (Check at Amazon | Check at BestBuy | Check at Bed Bath & Beyond)
- Fire TV Stick Lite (Check at Amazon | Check at BestBuy | Check at Bed Bath & Beyond)
- Fire TV Stick 4K (Check at Amazon | Check at BestBuy | Check at Bed Bath & Beyond)
- Fire TV (3rd generation) (Check at Amazon)
- Fire TV Stick (2nd & 3rd generation) (Check at Amazon)
- Insignia Fire TV Edition (Check at Amazon | Check at BestBuy)
- Toshiba Fire TV Edition (Check at Amazon | Check at Walmart | Check at BestBuy)
You can also check here to see the other devices that support Amazon Luna.
How to Play Amazon Luna Games on Fire TV
To play a Luna game on your Fire TV device, you can use a third-party Bluetooth controller or Amazon’s own Luna Controller. (Still available. Get it from here!)
Fire TV users can also avail of the 7-day free trial on the Luna Plus (+) channel. It will be an exciting experience for players and cloud gamers who want to explore more online games for free without the burden of downloading them directly to their devices.
The Amazon Luna cloud gaming service is currently available in the US not including Alaska, Hawaii, and US territories.
Are you excited to sign up for Amazon Luna? What game will you try out first? We are curious to know your answers, so drop us a comment down below.