Audiobooks are an excellent tool for people who want to listen to books rather than read them. It is also a great alternative if you don’t want to miss your novels but don’t have the time to sit down and read the book. You can always listen to the audiobook version while doing something else.
Kindle e-readers and other mobile devices compatible with the Amazon Audible app enable you to download, save, and manage Audible audiobooks in your library collection. It adds diversity to your ebooks and gives you more options when you need something.
However, when you feel that some of your Audible audio books are taking up so much space on your home screen, you can choose to remove or hide them. In some cases, you may have downloaded audiobooks that are not worth your time. You can also delete and get rid of them from your library any time you want.
DON’T MISS: Start your 30-day Audible free trial here!
How to Remove or Delete Audible Audiobooks from Amazon Kindle e-Reader Device
- First, go to the home screen of your Amazon Kindle device.
- Tap Audible on the top of the screen.
- Go to Device.
- Look for the audiobook that you want to delete.
- Long press the title of the audiobook.
- Select Remove from Device.
How to Delete or Hide Audible Audiobooks on iPad, iPhone, or Android Devices
You also have the option to remove Audible audiobooks downloaded and saved on your mobile devices such as iPhone, iPad, and Android phone or tablet. All you have to do is access the Amazon Audible app.
- Launch the Audible app on your mobile device.
- Tap My Library at the bottom of the screen.
- Look for the audiobook that you want to remove.
- Swipe from right to left over the title.
- Select Remove from Device or Delete from Device.
- Another option is to tap the Delete button found at the top of the My Library section.
- Look for the title that you want to delete.
- Tap the red minus sign next to it.
- Select Delete from Device.
Note that removing the Audible audiobook from your Kindle or mobile devices will not delete the title from your Audible account. You can still access these audiobooks when you open your Audible account on a web browser. If you want to add them back to your device, go to your Audible account via browser and have them downloaded to your app or Kindle device.
Hiding Audible Audiobooks on your Amazon Kindle Devices
If you still want your Audible audiobooks on your Amazon Kindle device but don’t like the space it takes up on your home screen, you can choose to hide it. Hiding your Audible audiobooks will place them in your Library Filter but not on the home screen. You can access them at any time.
- Tap the three-dotted icon on your Kindle device.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and select Device options.
- Tap Advanced options.
- Go to Home & Library.
- Select Audible Content.
- Now, choose Show in Library Filter Only.
- To view your hidden Audible audiobooks, tap the Filter button from your home screen.
- Select Audible.
- You will then see all your Audible audiobooks.
That’s it! Now, you have more options on how you can manage all your Audible audiobooks. Do you prefer to remove your Audible audiobooks from your Kindle device or hide it only? We would love to know what you think, so please drop us a comment below.
NO AUDIBLE ACCOUNT YET? Sign up for the 30-day Audible free trial here!