Amazon Prime Video is one of the widely used streaming services that offer hundreds of titles to watch at any time. Many users enjoy watching their favorite Prime Video shows through their Fire TV Stick device.
But, good news to those who do not have the Fire TV Stick! Now you can stream on Amazon Prime Video using a Google Chromecast streaming device. By casting from your mobile phone, you can enjoy a great selection of original titles and popular shows.
Check out the Amazon originals like The Expanse, Flack, The Wilds, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Black Box, and The Great Escapists. You can also binge-watch popular TV shows such as Vikings, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Downton Abbey, Hanna, and Utopia. For Blockbuster movies, watch Gemini Man, Terminator Dark Fate, Avengers, Transformers Dark of the Moon, and Breach.
Casting Amazon Prime Video Movies & TV Shows Using Chromecast
- Launch the Chrome browser on your mobile or computer.
- Click the three-dotted icon found in the upper right corner.
- Select Cast.
- Click the device where you want to cast your Amazon Prime Video.
- Wait until the video appears on your appear.
Note that to cast Amazon Prime Video on Chromecast, you need to have at least an Android 5.0 for Android devices and iOS 10.1 or higher for iOS users. If you have the minimum OS requirement, you can install the latest version of Amazon Prime Video.
Update Amazon Prime Video App on your Android or iOS Device
- Open the Google Play Store for Android or the AppStore for iOS.
- On the search bar, type Amazon Prime Video.
- Tap the app on the search result.
- Now, tap Install/Get to download the latest version.
How to Watch Titles on Amazon Prime Video using Chromecast without Fire TV Stick
After downloading the latest version of Amazon Prime Video, you can now cast or mirror the content to your TV using a Chromecast device.
- On your Amazon Prime Video, select any movie or show that you want to watch.
- Follow the steps above on how to cast using Chromecast.
- After casting, click Play and enjoy watching!
- To stop casting your movie or show, click the Cast icon.
- Select Stop Casting.
Do you want to cast your Amazon prime Video using Chromecast? You can tell us by dropping us a comment below.