Many users enjoy the benefit of streaming services thanks to services like Hulu. It is a subscription-based video service that lets you watch more movies even the latest releases of the year, like Netflix and Disney Plus.
However, streaming in Hulu often lead to unwanted errors that disrupt the overall streaming experience. One of these errors is the Error 94. It occurs when users launch their Hulu app or appear even during the stream.
Causes of Hulu Error 94
There can be several reasons why you continue to see Error 94 when launching or streaming in the Hulu app. First, you may have incompatible devices to your software, which will not allow the devices to function properly. Another reason is when your Internet connection is not stable enough or you may have a low speed on your connection.
Your Hulu app may also be outdated and there may be needed updates for the app to allow better streaming. In some cases, there may be corrupted cache that affects the streaming process of the software. Whatever the reason may be, it is best to fix the error immediately so you can enjoy your Hulu experience again.
Below you can find several methods on how you can fix your Hulu Error 94.
How to Fix Hulu Error 94:
Method 1 – Perform Power Cycle Troubleshooting
- Unplug all connected devices including your Hulu device, Internet router, and modem.
- For a few seconds, press and hold the power buttons.
- Then, plug the devices and turn on.
- Check if the error still exist.
Method 2 – Update your Hulu App
Sometimes, your Hulu app may be outdated and needs necessary updates for a better streaming. There are different ways to update the app based on platform or device you use.
For Android devices:
- Go to Google Play Store.
- In the search box, type Hulu and click to open.
- Alternatively, you can go to My Apps and look for Hulu. Click to open.
- If there is an update, you will the Update button. Click to load updates.
- You can also check for software update. First, go to the Home Screen. Then, navigate to Settings.
- In the Settings, click Help, and choose System Software Update.
- Look for Check for a system software update. If there is, click on Upgrade now.
For Apple devices:
- Go to Apple Store. Search for Hulu under the Purchased section.
- Next, go to Settings and select System.
- Click on System Updates and choose Update Software.
- Select on the update that you want and click Download and Install.
- Open the Google Home app.
- Click on Devices and look for the device card you are using.
- Click on Device Card Menu and select Settings.
- Choose Cast firmware version.
For Fire TV:
- Go to the App Store and navigate to Settings.
- Click on Applications and select Manage Installed Applications.
- Look for Hulu and click to open. You can now choose to update your app.
Method 3 – Deactivate and Reactivate Your Device
- Open a web browser of your choice and go to the official Hulu website.
- Enter your log in details and continue to your home screen. Take note of the code for reactivation.
- On the top right, look for the block icon and select Account.
- Once inside the Your Account window, select Manage Devices.
- Deactive your device by clicking Remove right next to the device.
- Using the code, reactive your account. Check if the error still exists.
Hulu Error 94 is one of several errors that interrupts your streaming experience. Hopefully the steps above will help you fix the error and allow you to get back to your stream. Are the methods helpful to you? Leave us comment which method works best.