Encountering an error when we use our phone can make us worry unnecessarily. Error messages tell us that something is wrong with our devices. For instance, there is a problem with our phone’s settings if we see the error message “Unfortunately Settings Has Stopped.” on our Android phones.
The “Unfortunately Settings has stopped” error message may occur when we try to access the settings of our device and the system suddenly stopped working. In some cases, it pops up even without getting to the Settings menu. The good news is that there are ways on how you can solve the issue. Check out the steps below.
How Do I Fix Unfortunately Settings Has Stopped on My Android Device?
Method #1 – Restart Your Android Device
A quick restart can help refresh the processes in your Android device and delete temporary files that may be causing the error. Turn off your device and wait for at least 1 minute. Turn it back on and try again.
Method #2 – Close All Running Apps
If you have running apps in the background, try to close them all. Running apps are taking some of your phone’s resources, even if you are not using them.
Method #3 – Force Stop Your Settings Menu
- Launch your Settings Menu.
- Go to Apps & notifications.
- Select App info.
- Look for Settings.
- On the top of the screen, tap Force Stop.
- Tap OK to confirm.
Method #4 – Clear Your Settings App Cache
- Navigate to the Settings Menu.
- Tap Apps & notifications.
- Select App info.
- Tap Settings.
- Select Storage & cache.
- Tap Clear Cache.
Method #5 – Install Updates on Your Google Play Services
- Go to Settings.
- Select Apps & notifications.
- Tap App info.
- Select Google Play Services.
- Tap Advanced.
- Select App details. It will lead you to the Google Play Store. Install any available updates.
- Another way is to open your Google Play Store.
- Search for Google Play Services and install any available updates.
Method #6 – Update Your Android OS
- Open the Settings menu.
- Go to System.
- Select System update.
- Tap Check for updates.
- Install any available updates.
Did the article help you? Let us know in the comments below.