Get ready to binge-watch for hundreds of thousands of hours with the new Disney Plus (Disney+) streaming service subscription. If you are one of those users who want to experience the Disney magic but is always outside of a Wi-Fi zone and don’t want to rack up their mobile data usage – then you’ve come to the right place. We will be showing you how to download your movies and TV shows directly on to your device for offline consumption.
All TV shows, movies, shorts and music can be downloaded from the Disney Plus app for offline viewing. However, the duration of each download depends on the file size and your Internet connection.
With Disney Plus, you can download videos from one account to ten devices, and all content should be available for download. Although ten devices should be more than enough for most people, with a maximum of 7 profiles in one account, you can reach this limit when some family members upload videos to their mobile phones and tablets, so be careful when transferring your account to the entire system.
How to Adjust Video Quality in Disney Plus
Disney Plus allows you to easily download videos, from movies to individual episodes to complete a TV show, but since Disney+ is set to the lowest default download quality, you should change it to Medium or High before downloading the video.
Changing the video quality of the downloaded content affects the duration of the download and the amount of memory required.
You can change this by following these steps:
- On the Home Screen, tap your character in the upper right corner (for iOS) or tap the menu icon in the upper left corner (for Android).
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Device Settings.
- Check “Download Quality” in “Downloading Settings”.
- Select “Better” to download higher quality content.
- Select “Good” to download lower quality content.
How to Download Disney Plus Movies to Watch Offline
- View and select a movie for offline playback from the home page or use various search functions and application categories to find the right movie for your taste.
- Then click the Download button, which looks like a down arrow.
- Your movie will immediately start downloading to your iPhone, iPad or Android. You can check the download by looking at the progress bar, which replaces the Download button.
- Click the Downloads tab to view all the movies and other content stored on your device.
- When the movie is loaded, click the Play button at the top of the movie cover.
- You can also click the Fully loaded icon to the right of the movie title. The button looks like a smart device with a checkmark in the middle of the screen.
- A pop-up window appears with several options. Click the play button to watch the movie.
How to Download Disney+ TV Shows Offline
The process of downloading TV shows in the Disney+ application is almost identical to the process of downloading movies. The difference is that you have two options which to download – individual episodes or the whole season.
If you decide to download the whole season, a pop-up window will appear at the bottom of the screen confirming that you want to save a certain number of episodes.
On the other hand, if you choose to download an individual episode, each episode you download (even if there is only one) will be grouped by series. Tap the series to find a specific episode to watch.
How to Delete and Remove Downloaded Movies and TV Shows from Disney+ App
If you want to free up space on your device, you can delete all downloaded files by following these steps:
- From the home screen, touch your character in the upper right corner (for iOS) or tap the menu icon in the upper left corner (for Android).
- Click Downloads.
- Scroll to the item you want to delete.
- Under each tile you will see an X button. Tap it, then delete the downloaded files and the item will be deleted from the downloaded files.
The ability to download offline movies and TV shows can be particularly useful for the segment of potential customers including parents. Disney Plus is used as a family entertainment platform.
With Disney cartoons and Pixar movies for life on Disney Plus, people with children will wonder if they should buy a copy of Frozen II or Toy Story 4 or just sign up for Disney Plus and get the rest with it.