Having a Pinterest account is a markedly different experience from using any other social media platform. It’s a place that puts greater emphasis on images and creative art, with not much interacting at all. It makes Pinterest a draw for many users who want to put their work out there, do some active networking, but not engage in the often toxic environments of social media sites.
Of course, this isn’t to everyone’s tastes, and many may find Pinterest just isn’t what they’re looking for. The question is however, what if you want to reset, recover or delete your Pinterest account, but you’ve lost access to the email address that you signed up with? It’s an issue that’s surprisingly prevalent nowadays, which is why today, we’ll be guiding you through what to do in this circumstance.
How to Recover, Reset or Delete/Remove Pinterest Account without Access to your Old Email Address
Most of the time, trying to recover, reset or delete your Pinterest account has more to do with security than it does anything else. It’s not good to have an open account just hanging about, especially if you don’t have the means to access it. That’s where this guide comes in. With some effort and troubleshooting, we’ll be able to solve the issue with your account in no time.
Log in with Facebook
- In the case your Pinterest account is tied to your Facebook account, you can use this method.
- Go to the Pinterest website.
- At the log in screen, choose to log in with Facebook.
- If your accounts are integrated, then you’ll automatically log into your Pinterest account.
- From here, you can reset or delete your account as you see fit.
Log in with an Older Email
- If you’ve changed emails before, then you can actually still log in with an older email.
- When prompted to log in, try entering an older email along with your password.
- Pinterest will prompt you for your new account email, while also asking for confirmation on your identity.
- From here, Pinterest will either allow you to enter the site as usual, or pass on this information to a support team .
- Usually, after this, you should be able to access the site.
- From here, you can once again change your password, reset your account or delete everything.
Contact Pinterest Customer Support for Help
- If neither of these methods work for you, you can resort to contacting Pinterest yourself.
- Head to the Pinterest Help Center and send them a support ticket.
- Detail your account name, history, and any other relevant pieces of information.
- Send the support ticket, and wait for followup emails.
- Answer any questions that may come up.
- If everything goes well, then you should find yourself back in your Pinterest account.
If you’ve followed the guides accordingly up to this point, then you should have regained access to your Pinterest account without too much fuss. While it can be annoying, it’s good to know Pinterest is secure enough to avoid accidentally giving easy access to accounts, even ones that are abandoned. We hope we managed to help you out, and for more fixes and guides like this, stay tuned!