Communicating is a lot easier thanks to instant messaging. With just a few clicks, you can send a message to anyone online at any time, anywhere in the world. Facebook Messenger makes it convenient to send a message to anyone you want to get acquainted.
But, there are instances when you encounter an error such as “Message Not Sent: This person isn’t available right now.” with an “OK” button as the only option for you. Some users see this error message: “This person is unavailable” on Messenger app for iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices.
When you click “OK”, another error message appears,
“Something went wrong
An error occurred while sending you message. Please try sending again later.”
It is frustrating when you are hindered by one error message after another when you are looking forward to a good conversation online or a possible closed deal on Facebook Marketplace. However, many people also encounter the same error on their Facebook Messenger. The good thing is it happens for a reason and once pin-pointed you can take action to solve the issue.
What Causes Facebook Messenger Error “Message Not Sent: This person isn’t available right now”
There are several reasons why you might see the error message on Facebook when you want to send a message to someone. These are the possible scenarios.
- The user deleted your conversation. It happens many times, intentionally or unintentionally. Some users accidentally delete a conversation on Messenger, so the other person cannot send any more messages.
- The user has blocked you. There are many reasons for someone to block a person on Messenger. However, take note that blocking a person on Messenger is not the same as blocking on Facebook. If you were blocked on Messenger, you can still request the person to unblock you via Facebook. But, if you were blocked on Facebook, you cannot view the profile or send a request.
- The account is deactivated. Once Facebook or the user deleted or deactivated the account, you can no longer access the profile or contact the person via Messenger.
- You blocked the person. If you have not contacted the user for a long time, and you decided to send a message, you may have blocked the user before hence the error message.
How to Fix This person is Unavailable Error on Messenger
Try these solutions to remove the annoying error message and allow you to finally send your message on Facebook or Facebook Messenger without a problem.
Solution #1 – Send a Message Request to the User on Facebook
One way to contact the person is to go directly to Facebook and send a message request. The user can accept the request and have a new conversation thread with you.
Solution #2 – Check If You Have Blocked the User
- On your Facebook app, launch the Menu.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select Account Settings.
- Scroll down and click Blocking.
- Now, check the users listed as blocked. If you find the name of the person you want to contact, click the Unblock button. You can now send a message.
Solution #3 – Ask a Friend to Check the User’s Account
If the user blocked you, you can view the account using your friend’s profile. You may be the only one who cannot view the account in question if you have been blocked. But, your friends can view it. That way, you can verify if indeed the user has blocked you.
What are your reasons for blocking someone on Facebook? We would love to know your story, so tell us in the comments below.