Amazon Fire tablets are one of the most affordable options for anyone looking to entertain themselves on a budget. Streaming movies and TV series, reading books, or browsing the internet is a seamless experience with this device.
The Amazon Fire tablet is designed to give you the best possible experience, but this can overflow sometimes. Still, there’s a wealth of resources to access different types of content including new apps from the Amazon App store as well as other resources like the Google Play Store.
If you own an Amazon Fire Tablet, you’re probably happy with your device most of the time. However, there’s a glaring problem in the user experience that can make you feel frustrated. We are of course talking about the recommendations or trending now content given to you. Luckily, you can actually disable to get rid of these recommendations and trending titles in order to declutter your screen and keep your experience in control.
How to disable & get rid of Recommendations & Trending Now on your Amazon Fire tablet device
We’ve got a guide prepared to help you remove and get rid of these pesky recommendations if you’re tired of seeing them constantly. This guide should work well with any Amazon tablet including the Kindle Fire, Fire HD 8, Fire Tablet 10, and others.
How to turn off Recommendations from your Amazon Fire HD screen
- First, pull down the top of your screen to view the gear icon. Alternatively, find the Settings icon on your Home screen
- In this window, scroll down and go to Apps & Notifications
- Scroll down and select your Amazon app settings
- Now, go to Home Screens and tap the page
- On this settings page, you’ll be able to toggle on and off Recommendations as well as New items settings
How to disable the Discover feature on your Amazon Fire Tablet
- Similar to the steps above, go to the Settings icon and tap it
- Head over to Apps & Notifications
- Select your Amazon App Settings
- Go to your Home Screens
- This time around, head to the Continue and Discover Row where you’ll be able to turn off recent, recommended, and sponsored content in the row above your apps grid
How to remove titles from your Recommendations
- Go to Your Amazon and view the recommendations
- Click on the item you’d like to remove from your recommendations
- Click the Remove this recommendation link at the bottom to expand the view
Getting rid of titles in your recommendations and the discover feature is a great feeling. If you’ve followed the steps detailed above, you should be well-equipped to have a completely problem-free experience while using the Amazon Fire Tablet.