There is a lot of entertainment in store for you when you have an Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick device. You can download apps, binge-watch your favorite series, or play online games on your TV. But, as Amazon devices are as reliable as they say, there are still errors that may occur along the way.
Some of these errors may require you to perform a factory reset. The process is easy to perform and can fix a lot of the issues in your Fire TV. However, keep in mind that it will erase all your device data including the settings and downloaded content. You can do a factory reset both for Amazon Fire TV or with your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Factory Reset Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick via Settings
- On your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick, go to the Home screen.
- Select Settings on the top menu option. You may also go to Settings directly by pressing the home key on your remote and select Settings.
- Look for My Fire TV and tap to open. In some devices, you will see System or Device instead of My Fire TV.
- Look for Reset to Factory Defaults.
- Type in your PIN and tap Reset.
- Wait for the process to finish.
Once your Fire TV device has restarted, you can set it up again like you did when you first used it.
Factory Reset Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick using a Remote Control
- Turn on both your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick and your TV.
- On your remote, press and hold both the right directional button and the Back button. Hold for at least 10 seconds.
- When you see the message, select Reset.
- Wait for the process to finish and set up your device from scratch.
Wrapping It Up
Take note that during the reset process, you must not unplug your device. Otherwise, it will cut the process short and you will have to repeat the steps.
The reset process will take about five minutes. Once the reset is done, you will set up your account information again including your username and password. Please note that you will have to re-download the apps that you want to use. They are still linked to your account, so it should be a breeze. Finally, you will need to log in again to these apps in order to start using them again.
Did the article help you? Let us know in the comments below.