Amazon gives its users a convenient way to watch their vidoes on their television. The Amazon Fire TV Stick will stream movies and shows online to your television for a full viewing experience.
If you have the Fire Stick device, you just have to plug it in your television via HDMI. The device is small and takes up little space behind your television. Then, connect the device to your WIFI to allow online streaming on your TV. Aside from video streaming, the Amazon Fire Stick also supports video games.
However, there may be times when we want to delete our viewing history for different reasons. If you find yourself in such situation, this article will help you how you can properly clear your Amazon Fire TV Stick Viewing History.
Why Clear Your Viewing History
There are different reasons why we want to clear our viewing history. Apart from the fact that you may not be alone at home and the only one watching movies, it can also benefit your device.
Seeing that you may have kids around the house would not be ideal for them to accidentally view the movies that you may have watched but are not appropriate for them. Clearing your viewing history is one way of making sure it does not happen.
In some cases, we may watch movies that we do not want other finding out or we may be too embarassed for others to see so clearing these histories would be helpful. Still for others, clearing the history cache of your Amazon TV stick can help prevent lagging and slow speeds. It clears data that have piled up from your previous views.
How to Remove a Recently Watched TV Show or Movie in Fire TV Stick
- From the home screen of your Amazon Fire TV, go to the Main Menu and click on TV from the tab.
- Next, browse the list and look for the TV show you want to remove.
- Click on the title and choose “Remove from Recently Watched.”
- To remove a movie from your list, do the same procedure but go to the Movies tab instead.
How to Clear Your Fire TV Stick Cache
- Go to the main menu and navigate to the Settings.
- Click on Applications and choose Manage Installed Applications.
- Choose an app and then click on Clear Cache. This will automatically clear your cache.
How to Delete Watch History in Fire TV Stick
Deleting your watch history gives you two options: one is via their website and the other is through the app.
Through the website
- Go to the official website of Amazon Prime Video.
- Log in your account and on the top right corner, look for the account icon. Click to open.
- Select Account & Settings.
- Look for the Watch History and then choose View Watch History.
- Browse through the list and look for the videos you want to remove. Take note that you have to do it one by one.
- Select the video you want to remove and click the Remove button beside it.
Through the mobile application
- Open your Amazon Prime Video app.
- At the bottom of the app, click on Settings.
- Select Clear Video Search History. It will then automatically clear your video history.
Amazon Fire TV Stick gives us hundreds of movies and shows to watch. Oftentimes, these are not what we meant to add to our viewing history but it happens. You just have to clear your history. Let us know in the comments below if the article helps you.