Passwords serve as our identity and security to access our private accounts online. However, there are instances when we need to make sure that nobody else can know the passwords we are using. To do so, we must reset or change our passwords.
There are several reasons and advantages why you might need to change your password.
- It stops other people from accessing your saved passwords.
- It reduces potential attacks from hackers.
- It limits the risk of access to multiple accounts.
- It minimizes the chances for hackers to constantly access your account.
- It prevents the risk of hackers guessing your password.
In the case of your PlayStation Network (PSN) ID, one of the reasons to reset or change the password is when you are locked out and forgot your password. The password you entered cannot let you access your PSN account. If that happens to you, continue reading below to find out how to reset or change your primary PS4 account password.
Your PSN password allows you to access your PlayStation Network account on PS5, PS4, PS3, and PlayStation Vita console devices.
Resetting your Playstation Network or PSN Account Password
When you are locked out, the best thing to do is to reset your password first.
- On any browser, go to https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/.
- On the login page, click Trouble Signing In.
- Select Reset your password.
- Type your email address.
- Click Send Email.
- Open your email account and wait for the reset email from Playstation.
- Click the Change Password button on your email.
- Answer the personal question.
- Now, reset your password.
Changing your PSN Password on PS4
It also helps if you frequently change your password to increase your account security. Even if you know your password, changing it will eliminate the risk of getting hacked.
- Go to https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/.
- Log in to your account.
- On the left side, click Security.
- Look for the Password option.
- Click Edit.
- Type your old password.
- Enter your new password. Make sure it is unique, varied, and unpredictable.
- Save your new password.
How many times have you tried changing your Playstation PSN password? Let us know by dropping us a comment below.