TikTok became a phenomenal hit all over the world thanks to its unique yet addicting features. Users can create short and entertaining videos on TikTok such as lip-syncing, dancing, talking to yourself, or doing TikTok challenges. The possibilities are numerous with the social media platform hence a lot of users are continually logging into TikTok.
There are times when you need to change your TikTok account password. You might want to reset it if you have forgotten your password. If you do, check out the steps below on how to do it. First, let us know why you need to change your password.
Why Change or Reset your TikTok Password?
One of the reasons why people change their password is due to security purposes. If you are suspicious of a possible hacking on your account or a data breach, the first thing you must do is to change your password.
In some cases, users forget their password. They may have allowed their computers or devices to remember their passwords, but if you log in to another device, you may have forgotten it.
How Can I Change My TikTok Password?
- On your device, launch your TikTok app.
- At the lower-right corner, select the Me icon.
- Tap the three-dotted icon found at the upper-right corner.
- Select Manage my account.
- Choose Password.
- A code will be sent either to your phone number or email address, depending on which is linked to your account.
- Type the code.
- Now, type your new password.
- When done, Tap Next.
Reset Your TikTok Password
If you have forgotten your TikTok password, you can reset it. Resetting your password means that you cannot remember it and in no way can retrieve it. TikTok will send a code where you can type your new password without the old one.
- Launch your TikTok app.
- Tap the “Can’t log in to your account?” message.
- You will be asked to reset your password either using your email address or phone number. Choose one, and a code will be sent to you.
- Type the six-digit code.
- Type your new password.
- Tap Change password.
When creating a new password, create a strong combination of different characters. Never use a format with your personal details on it. Was the article helpful? Let us know in the comments below.