Have you accidentally deleted an event in your Google Calendar app? Deleting a calendar entry will cause you great panic and worry since there might be no other way where you have recorded it. It can be frustrating knowing that all events recorded in your calendar are priorities.
One way to retrieve the information you deleted is to ask the organizers about the details of the event if it was created by someone else. But, if you cannot remember what it is about or who may be involved, Google Calendar has a way to restore the deleted entry for you.
Fortunately, all deleted entries on your Google Calendar are not yet permanently removed. That means that all removed items go directly to the Trash section. You have a maximum of 30 days to recover or restore it to the calendar as an active entry before Google eventually deletes it permanently. It is also a good way to find and review trashed entries in your Trash bin in case there are items you unknowingly deleted before.
Now, if you choose to permanently delete an event in your Google Calendar, there is also a way for you to do so without waiting for 30 days before Google deletes it in your Trash. You can remove the entry immediately.
Deleting a Google Calendar Event Permanently
First, let’s talk about how you can permanently delete a Google Calendar entry.
- Open your Google Calendar.
- Select the event that you want to delete.
- If you are using the mobile app, tap the three-dotted icon and select Delete. If you are using the Google Calendar browser, select the Trash icon.
- Once deleted, the entry will go to your Trash section.
- On the upper right corner of your Google Calendar, click or tap the Gear icon to launch the Settings menu.
- Select Trash.
- Go to the entry that you want to delete permanently.
- Click or tap the Trash icon next to it.
- If you want to delete several events, check the boxes next to the entries and click the Trash icon.
- To delete all events in your Trash, click the Trash icon or the Empty Trash button at the top right corner.
- Select Empty to confirm.
How to Recover Deleted Entry in your Google Calendar Events
Now that you know the difference between deleting a Google Calendar event entry temporarily and permanently, let us know how to restore the removed entry to your active Google Calendar. Please remember that this process can only be done on your computer and not on the Google Calendar mobile app.
- Launch Google Calendar on your Windows 10/11 PC, Mac, or Chromebook computer.
- Navigate to the Trash section from the gear icon at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Look for the deleted entry and hover to it.
- On the right side, select the Restore button or the arrow icon.
- To restore several entries or all items in your Trash, check the boxes next to them and click or tap the Restore button.
How many times have you accidentally deleted an event in your Google Calendar? We are curious to know your story. You can tell us more in the comment section below.