Windows 11 is the much-anticipated new operating system update that will replace Windows 10 on PC. However, there are some Microsoft features that you will not see on your new Windows 11 OS version, which you may be expecting.
Microsoft is removing and deleting loads of previous features available on Windows 10. First, Microsoft Edge will replace Internet Explorer as its primary browser. Live Tiles will not be available on a Windows 11 computer. It will be replaced with new Widgets. Timeline will not be part of Windows 11 as well as Wallet. You will no longer see the People in the Taskbar, including the Tablet Mode.
There will be no Quick Status from the Lockscreen and customization of apps in the Taskbar. You will not see Skype, 3D Viewer, and Paint 3D. Windows 11 will also not include by default the Microsoft OneNote note app.
Now, if you still want to use Microsoft OneNote app as your default digital note-taking tool on your new Windows 11 PC and access your note files and notebooks, you can download and install it like any other app. Learn how to enable and get access to OneNote app in our guide below, even if it does not come pre-installed in Windows 11.
How to Download, Install & Enable Microsoft OneNote App on your New Windows 11 PC
Microsoft OneNote offers a useful and intuitive way of taking notes on desktop computer that backs up all your notes in the cloud online. It is easy and simple to use even when you are offline. You can also share and sync it with other users and it has a sticky notes feature.
There are two ways to download and install Microsoft OneNote app to enable and use it on your new Windows 11 PC. Check them out below.
Install and Enable Microsoft OneNote App on Windows 11 PC via OneNote Website
- On your browser, go to https://www.onenote.com/download.
- Click the Free Download button.
- After downloading the starter pack, go to the downloadable file.
- Double click the file.
- The setup process will begin. Wait until the installation is complete.
Download and Install Microsoft OneNote App on Windows 11 PC using Microsoft Store
- Click the Microsoft Store icon pinned on your taskbar.
- If you cannot find it, use the Search option.
- Click the Start button and select Search.
- Enter Microsoft Store.
- Click the icon to open it.
- In the upper right corner, click the Search bar.
- Enter OneNote.
- You can also access the OneNote app in Microsoft Store directly from this link.
- Select the Microsoft OneNote app.
- Click Get.
- Follow the instructions on how to download and install the app.
After installing the Microsoft OneNote digital note-taking app on your Windows 11 PC, you can log in to your Microsoft account to access your note files.
Which of the two ways do you find easier to install OneNote app on Windows 11? Tell us what you think in the comments section below.