Has someone invited you to a Calendar event on your iPhone, where you end up all perked up and excited until you cannot send your response. You might be getting the error message, “Calendar Invitation. Your response to the invitation cannot be sent.”
It is not uncommon for many iPhone users to encounter a problem when they use their Calendar app. The ease, speed, and efficiency in organizing your events and calendar in one place will sometimes have their share of glitches.
iPhone iOS calendars are useful tools that allow you to manage through all the events in your day, week, or month. You can share them with other users, especially if you have a huge party coming up, and they can respond to your invite request. Now, if you are on the other end, it is worrying not to send your reply as soon you can.
How to Troubleshoot & Fix “Your Response to the Invitation Cannot Be Sent” iPhone Calendar Error
There are different solutions that you can try in order to fix and get rid of the Calendar app RSVP issue on your iOS device. Follow each method one at a time and resend your invitation response if it works.
Method #1 – Reboot your Calendar Tool
- Launch the Settings menu of your iPhone.
- Tap your Name.
- Select iCloud.
- Look for Calendar and disable it.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Now, turn it back on.
- Another way is to go to the Settings menu of your iPhone.
- Select Passwords & Accounts.
- Tap your account linked with your Calendar.
- Look for Calendars and turn them off.
- Restart your iPhone.
- Follow the steps above and this time, turn your Calendar on.
Method #2 – Re-add your Account on Calendar
- Open the Settings menu of your iPhone.
- Select Calendar.
- Tap Accounts.
- Choose iCloud.
- At the bottom, tap Sign Out.
- Restart your iPhone.
- Now, follow the steps above again.
- Add your account back on the Calendar.
Method #3 – Update the iOS Version on your iPhone
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Select General.
- Tap Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install.
- Tap Continue.
- Enter your passcode if necessary.
If you still encounter problems with your iPhone calendar and it still won’t allow you to send a response to your invitation, you may visit an Apple store and ask the technician to help you troubleshoot the error.
What did you do to fix the issue on your iPhone calendar? We would love to know more, so please drop us a comment below.
NEED A NEW PHONE? Check out these deals on the latest iPhones at Amazon right now!