It is a huge convenience to use Microsoft PowerPoint during corporate presentations or online meetings. You can visually present information using charts, graphs, or any representations in a slideshow. Another advantage is presenting an Excel Spreadsheet on your PowerPoint slides. The two Microsoft services work together seamlessly but they are as great individually as a tool for work and personal use.
There are times when you want to rotate a text on a cell on your Microsoft Excel worksheet or a PowerPoint presentation manually. On Excel, you can rotate using one cell or multiple cells. You can also rotate text by hand. On PowerPoint, you can change the direction of a text box shape to effectively rotate the text towards the angle you want.
How to Align or Rotate Text in a Microsoft Excel Worksheet Cells
To rotate text by hand in Excel, you will have to use your mouse cursor. Follow the steps below one at a time.
- First, launch the Excel worksheet you want to use.
- Look for the cell with the text you want to rotate. Click it to highlight. If you want to rotate multiple cells, highlight all the cells.
- On the menu options above, go to the Home tab.
- Look for the Alignment Section.
- Click the Orientation button.
- Select the orientation of how you want to rotate your text. You can set the angle clockwise or counterclockwise, vertical text, or rotate text up or down.
- If you want to manually rotate it to a customized angle, highlight the cells and right-click to open the drop-down menu.
- Select Format Cells.
- Go to the Alignment tab.
- From there, you can adjust the angle of your text.
- Once done, click OK.
How to Rotate or Change the Direction of Text Box Shape in MS PowerPoint
- Launch your PowerPoint presentation.
- Click the Insert tab.
- Click the Text box option.
- Drag the mouse on the presentation to create a text box and type your text.
- Once done, click the text box to show the curved arrow.
- Click and drag the curved arrow to rotate your text.
- To set the angle of your text, click the Format tab.
- Go to the Arrange option.
- Click the Rotate button.
- A drop-down menu will appear with rotation options.
- Select your preferred angle. If you want to input the exact degree, click the More Rotation Options.
- Type the angle degree, and your text will automatically rotate on your desired angle.
Was the article helpful? Let us know in the comments below.AMAZON TRADE-IN DISCOUNTS: Trade in & save on a new Fire TV device now!