Subtitles are helpful. They help you understand the character dialogues in a movie or show better. They offer translation when you want to watch an interesting movie but from a different language.
Still, not all subtitles are useful when you are already watching a movie that uses your own language. Some users find it annoying and diverting since their eyes are divided between the picture and the words below it.
If you want to have full control on turning your subtitles on or off on your screen, follow the steps below to know how to do this.
How to Enable or Disable Subtitles/Closed Captions on Roku
Subtitles are named closed captions or abbreviated as CC when you see it on the device.
- On your Roku remote, press the Home button.
- Using the down arrow on your remote, scroll down to Settings.
- Next, press the right arrow on your remote and scroll down to Accessibility.
- Press the right arrow again and select Captions mode.
- Press the right arrow and choose your option. You can turn off the captions, turn on always, or turn on replay.
How to Turn On or Off Subtitles During Playback on Roku
You also have the option to turn your subtitles on or off while watching a movie or a show.
- On your Roku remote, press the Star button. It will open the Options menu.
- Look for Closed captioning.
- You have different options to choose from.
- Click Off if you want to turn off your subtitles.
- Click On if you want to enable the subtitles.
- Click On replay if you only allow subtitles to appear after you press the Replay button.
- Click On mute if you want the subtitles on when the volume is muted.
With the steps above, you always the choice to enable or disable closed captioning whenever you want. It will add to your better viewing experience always. How do you like using Roku as your streaming media? Let us know in the comments below.