Sony released its latest firmware update for the WF-1000XM3 Earbuds with added features compared to the previous 2.1.0 version. With the version 2.3.0, users will enjoy a more improved performance from using their earbuds.
Version 2.3.0 also includes fixes for issues in the volume operations and adjustments. It also retains previous features such as support for Amazon Alexa, connectivity with iOS, hands-free calling, battery check in the app, and connectivity with Windows 10.
If you want to upgrade the software of your Sony WF-1000XM3 Earbuds, you will need to download the latest version of the Sony Headphones Connect app, which is version 6.1.4 or higher. Make sure that you are using an Android device with version 5.0 or later, or an iOS device with iOS 11.0 or later.
You also have to set your Automatic Power Off to Do not turn off to avoid interruptions with the download and installation process. You can always set it back to Automatic Power Off when the Headphones Connect app is done with the firmware update.
How to Install the Latest Software Update on Sony WF-1000XM3 ANC Earbuds
- Open the Sony Headphones Connect app and connect your earbuds.
- Select your earbuds. Connect both the right and left sides of your earbuds.
- If you have not enabled the automatic download of your software updates, you will need to download and transfer the update manually. To do this, go to the app and look for this message, “The latest headphones software is available.” Click More Info under the message. It will take you to the Update Software screen. When you see that the “Version 2.3.0” or the latest version appears, click Start.
- If you have enabled the automatic download of your software updates, look for the message, “Update the headphones software” and click More info. Look for “Version 2.3.0” and click Start.
- Wait for the process to complete. Avoid charging your device when downloading the update.
- Once done, click OK.
How to Check the Firmware Version of your Sony WF-1000XM3 Earbuds
To verify if you are now using the latest version, you can check it by connecting your earbuds to your device.
- Go to the main screen of the app.
- On the upper right corner, click the three-dotted icon.
- Choose the version of your device and confirm that you have the latest version for your Sony WF-1000XM3 Earbuds.
Take note that once you have upgraded to the latest version, you cannot go back to the previous version.
How are you enjoying your Sony WF-1000XM3 ANC Earbuds with the latest software update? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.