Adding a watermark in your Google Docs is one way of personalizing it. Watermarks also give the document a label that it belongs to you thereby protecting your copyrights to the document. However, Google Docs does not have a feature that will enable you to create a watermark on your documents.
If you want to add a watermark, here are some ways on how to do it.
Edit your Watermarks with Google Drawings
If you want to make your image appear like a watermark, you will need to edit its transparency.
- Open Google Drawings.
- On the blank canvas, click Insert.
- Then, select Image.
- Upload the image that you want to use as a watermark.
- Adjust the image to its position and its size.
- A watermark must appear transparent. Click Format.
- Select Format options.
- From there, look for Adjustments.
- Adjust the Transparency level of your image. You can also adjust the brightness and contrast.
- Under Format Options, you can edit other features of your image.
- Now, it is time to add your text. Go to Insert and click the Text box.
- Type in your text and adjust its location and size to your watermark image.
Use Drawings Directly in Google Docs to Edit your Watermarks
Alternatively, Google Docs now has a Drawing feature that enables you to edit your images and text.
- Go to Google Docs.
- At the menu bar, select Insert.
- Then, select Drawing. A blank canvas will open.
- Next, select the Image icon at the menu bar and upload your image.
- Now, you can start editing your image.
- Next, you can overlay a text on your image to appear as a watermark.
- Go to the menu bar. Select the Text Box icon.
- Type your text and adjust the font style and size. To create a transparent text just like in any watermark, you can adjust the color of your text by selecting a lighter color tone.
- Once you are done, click Save and Close for your image to appear on Google Docs.
Inserting your Watermark Image to Google Docs
- Go to Google Docs.
- Select the Blank to start a new document.
- At the menu bar, click Insert.
- Choose Drawing from Drive and select the edited image.
Adding a watermark to your documents can make it appear more professional and personalized. Have you been adding watermarks to your Google Docs? Let us know in the comments below.