Embark on a healthy lifestyle, and your body will be grateful! You can start your fitness journey at any time you want. For more efficiency and accuracy, Apple Watch gives you the features you need for your workout and exercise activity tracking.
Apple Watch is more than just a sleek device you wear on your wrist. It comes with full-packed tools that will help you measure your fitness workout and make sure you are on the right track. Apple Watch tracks all your exercise activities, so you know how many steps you are moving and how much weight you are losing.
There are several workout metrics you can use based on the various activities. Apple Watch is also water-resistant and comes with a Heart Rate app and Sleep app. Plus, the formidable smartwatch from Apple is also a communication device that you can use to make calls and text. You can additionally contact help in cases of emergencies.
There is more to Apple Watch than meets the eye. But, to enjoy all these excellent features, you need to reset and calibrate your Apple Watch for more accurate and improved tracking. That way, you can have more reliable tracking data of your fitness activities.
How to Reset & Calibrate your Apple Watch for More Accurate & Improved Fitness or Workout Tracking
Sometimes, your Apple Watch will record incorrect steps or wrong exercise data. To correct the error, you need to reset the calibration information on your wearable gadget. You can reset your existing calibration data by following the guide below.
Reset your Calibration Data on Apple Watch
Here’s how you can reset your current calibration data on your Apple Watch device:
- Launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone iOS device.
- Then, go to the My Watch tab.
- Now, select Privacy > Reset Fitness Calibration Data.
Enable Motion Calibration for Apple Watch on your iPhone
Before you can calibrate or re-calibrate your Apple Watch smart watch, you will need to allow motion calibration on your device first.
- Launch the Settings menu of your iPhone.
- Go to Privacy.
- Select Location Services.
- Toggle Location Services to On.
- Now, navigate to System Services.
- Look for Motion Calibration & Distance. Toggle it to On.
Calibrating your Apple Watch for Improved Tracking Accuracy
Now that the Motion Calibration is on, you can start calibrating your Apple Watch. Try to follow the steps below.
- Go to a flat and open area. You need to do a walk or run for 20 minutes to calibrate your Apple Watch.
- When you are ready, launch the Workout app.
- Select Outdoor Walk.
- Now, run or walk for 20 minutes until you calibrate your Apple Watch.
Were you able to calibrate your Apple Watch successfully? How was it? We would love to know your thoughts. You can drop us a comment below.