If you are fond of playing Pokémon Go, you will enjoy the game better with its dedicated controller from Nintendo called the Poké Ball Plus. Instead of catching Pokemon on the app, you can catch them using the Poke Ball Plus on your hand. It spins Poke Stops and will make you feel like Pokemon are real.
To set up your Pokeball Plus, you will need to connect it to your mobile device and into the app. But, some Android and iOS users complained that their Poke Ball Plus failed to connect with the Pokemon Go app on their mobile phones.
Why is Pokeball Plus Not Connecting to Pokemon Go App?
There are different reasons why your Pokeball Plus does not connect to Pokemon Go. It may be due to communication issues. Your firmware app may be outdated. Still, there are ways on how you can fix the error.
Fix Poke Ball Plus Failing to Connect or Pair with Pokemon Go
If you are eager to start playing with your Pokeball Plus but are getting barred by this error, follow the solutions below one at a time and see if they can fix the issue.
Solution #1 – Restart Your Device
A quick way to fix the error is to restart your devices. Close your Pokemon Go app and restart your mobile device. You may also want to restart your Poke Ball Plus.
Solution #2 – Update Your Pokemon Go App
The issue may come from an outdated app, so best to install the latest version of your Pokemon Go.
- For Android devices, go to Google Play Store.
- Search for Pokemon Go.
- Click Install to download the latest version of the app.
- For iOS devices, go to the App Store.
- Search for Pokemon Go.
- Download any update if available.
Solution #3 – Connect Your Poke Ball Plus
Make sure that your Poke Ball Plus is connected to your app.
- Go to the Settings menu of your Pokemon Go.
- On your Pokeball Plus, press the white button.
- If the Pokeball appears on the settings, tap it.
- Confirm your connection.
Solution #4 – Disable Bluetooth Scanning
You may not know it, but your Bluetooth may continue to scan for nearby devices. It keeps on interfering in your Pokeball Plus connection.
- Launch the Settings of your phone.
- Go to Location.
- Under the Mode setting, disable the Bluetooth Scanning. If it is not available, choose the Device only option.
- Now, try pairing your Pokeball Plus.
- Disable the Bluetooth and open your Pokemon Go app.
- Enable the Bluetooth back. Do not connect.
- Go to the game and connect the ball.
Solution #5 – Pair Your Pokeball Plus to Your Device Again
- On your Pokemon Go app, look for the Pokeball Plus icon.
- Make sure that the icon is dim. Otherwise, tap it to dim it out.
- From the bottom of your screen, slide up.
- Look for the Bluetooth icon and long-press it.
- Now, look for the Pokeball Plus, and click on the icon next to it.
- Select Forget Device and restart your mobile phone.
- Launch the Bluetooth settings.
- Pair Bluetooth with your Pokeball Plus again.
- On your Pokeball Plus, look for the Reset button and press it using a pin for five seconds. A blue light will appear, and press the red button on your Pokeball Plus.
- Release the Reset button and build it again until it vibrates.
- Now, pair it through the game.
- If it does not pair, try to repeat the process.
Did the article help you? Let us know in the comments below.