Netflix has become a reliable streaming service mostly watched by many people worldwide. With more original shows and wide library collection, it is no wonder that Netflix will always be a go-to streaming service.
However, despite its credibility in the streaming arena, there are still a number of Netflix errors that users may encounter. An example is the Netflix error code NW 3-6.
You may encounter Netflix error code NW 3-6 when you are streaming and it is associated with the message: “We’re having a problem connecting to Netflix. Please try again or visit: www.netflix.com/help.”
One of the reasons why this error appears is due to connectivity issues with your local network. There may also be configuration related issues that prevent you from streaming on Netflix.
However, there are ways on how you can fix this problem. Check out the steps below on how to do this.
How to Fix for Netflix Error Code NW-3-6
Method #1 – Check your Internet Connection
Netflix error NW 3-6 may be due to connectivity issues so it is best to check first if you have an Internet connection. Start browsing any website from a different device to see if you can connect properly. If you cannot connect, it means you have a problem with your local connection. Contact your provider to know what causes the issue.
Method #2 – Restart your Device and Router
If you can connect to the Internet using a different device, a quick restart can help refresh your Netflix connection. Unplug both your router and modem from the power source. Power off and unplug your device as well. Wait for at least a minute. Plug your modem back on and wait for it to properly turn on before plugging the router. Then, you can plug your device back in and check if the issue still exists.
Method #3 – Connect your Device Directly
Another way to fix the error is to connect your device directly to the modem instead of using a router.
- Unplug your device from the power source.
- Using an Ethernet cable, plug in the device directly to your modem.
- Unplug your modem and wait for at least 30 seconds before plugging back in and turning it on.
- Turn on your device and check your Netflix connection.
Method #4 – Verify your DNS Setting
If the above methods do not work, you can try editing the DNS setting of your device.
- Go to Settings.
- Choose Network and click Set Up Internet Connection.
- Select your connection method either Wi-Fi or LAN cable.
- Under IP Address Settings, click Automatic.
- Under DHCP Host Name, click Do Not Specify.
- Under DNS Settings, click Automatic.
- Under MTU Settings, click Automatic.
- Under Proxy Server, click Do Not Use.
- Next, click Test Connection to verify if you can connect to Netflix.
- Press the Guide button.
- Select Settings and choose System Setting.
- Click Network Settings and select your network.
- Click Configure Network.
- Go to DNS Settings and click Automatic.
- Restart your XBOX and check your Netflix connection.
That’s it! With the steps above, you can fix Netflix NW 3-6 error and go back to binge-watching your favorite TV series and movies. What method above worked for you? Let us know in the comments below.