There are certain files and images that we want to download and save on our computers while browsing the Internet. Sometimes, there is a piece of information that we want to store or find videos and pictures that we can get back into and use later. Downloading files using the Microsoft Edge browser is easy and takes only a few seconds, depending on your Internet network connection or the size of the file.
However, if you do not want anyone finding out the downloads you have been doing online, you can easily delete your download history data on the Microsoft Edge Chromium browser. For instance, a friend wants to borrow your laptop to download or view something online. You can skip the awkward moment of discovering your downloads by clearing out files that you want to keep to yourself.
How to Find & Remove your Download History on the Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser
Note that deleting your download history will only include the completed progress track of the download and the file name. The file itself will still be on your computer or wherever you stored it after downloading. If you want to clear the file as well, you can do so via your downloads location on your Windows PC or Mac computer operating system.
- First, open your Microsoft Edge browser.
- At the upper right corner, click the three-dotted icon.
- Scroll down and select Downloads.
- You will then see the Downward Arrow or the Downloads icon appearing on your menu bar.
- Click the Downloads icon.
- Alternatively, you can press the shortcut keys Ctrl + J.
- The list will show your recent download history.
- Look for the file that you want to remove. If you cannot find it, click See More.
- Hover to the downloaded file and click the Trash icon next to it.
Clearing All your Downloads History on Microsoft Edge Browser
If you want to remove all your downloads history information, follow the steps below.
- Launch the Downloads list.
- On the top right corner, click the three-dotted icon.
- Select Clear all download history.
- Click Remove all to confirm the action.
- It will automatically empty your Downloads list.
How to Look for the Downloaded File Location on Microsoft Edge Browser
If you need to remove the downloaded file but fail to note where it is located, exactly, you can check out the location on your Microsoft Edge browser.
- Open the Downloads list.
- Click the three-dotted icon.
- Select Download settings.
- A new window will open. You can find the file location of your downloads under the Location section.
- Click Change if you want to save future downloads to a different location.
What are your reasons for deleting your Downloads History on the Microsoft Edge browser? We are curious to know, so please share your story with us below.