Google Docs allows users to create documents online. It is easy to save these files on the cloud storage while allowing you to share them with anyone on the Internet. When someone sends you a link to a Google Docs document, it may contain images that you want to save on your computer.
Saving an image online is a simple process. All you have to do is right-click on the photo and click the Save image option. It will download and save the image to your computer. Unfortunately, it does not work the same way with Google Docs documents. Check out the steps below on how to do it.
Easy Ways To Follow on How to Save and Download an Image as a File from Google Docs Documents
Method #1 – Take a Screenshot
If you simply want to save a copy of the photo, the easiest way is to take a screenshot.
- On your Mac computer, press Shift, Command, and 4 keys together. Select the area that will cover your screenshot.
- To take a screenshot on your Windows 10 computer, press Windows key, Shift, and S. Drag the cursor and select the area of your screenshot.
Method #2 – Download the File in DOCX Format
- To download, click File at the upper-left corner.
- Select Download.
- Choose Microsoft Word.
- Wait for it to download and open it using MS Word.
Method #3 – Download the File as a Web Page
- On your Google Docs, click File.
- Select Download.
- Click the Web page.
- A new window will open. Take note of the file location. Click Save.
- Now, navigate to the file location.
- Look for the zip folder of your Google Docs file.
- Unzip the folder.
- Click the Images folder and save the image that you want.
Method #4 – Use Google Keep
If you have Google Keep on your device, you may use it to save the images.
- Go to your Google Docs file.
- Right-click on the image you want to save.
- Select Save to Keep.
- It will open a sidebar on the right. Right-click on the image.
- Select the Save image as.
Method #5 – Use Google Docs Publish to Web Feature
- Go to File.
- Scroll down, and click Publish to the web.
- A new window will open. Under the Link tab, copy the URL and paste it into a new tab on your web browser.
- Now, look for the image and right-click to save it.
Method #6 – Use Link Sharing On Google Docs for Mobile
- On your Google Docs app, tap the three-dotted icon on the top-right corner.
- Select Share & export.
- Look for Link Sharing.
- Toggle the button to Enable. A message will notify you that a link is copied.
- Open a browser and paste the URL.
- Download the image from your web browser.
Which of the methods above worked for you best? Tell us in the comments below.