Are you changing your Android phone to an iPhone? If yes, then you do not want to leave your chat history, photos, and videos behind. Transferring from one mobile device to another may be a bittersweet moment. You may want to upgrade your mobile experience, but you do not want to leave behind the memories you had with your previous phone.
If you need to export your WhatsApp chat history as well as photos and videos from an Android to an Apple iOS device, there are several ways you can do it. Let us check the methods below.
How to Transfer Photos and Videos from an Android to iOS Device
There are several ways for you to move and export your files such as photos and videos from your Android device to your iPhone. You can use Bluetooth, a photo-sharing app, or Google Drive.
- If you want to export files via Bluetooth, make sure to turn on the Bluetooth connection on both Android and iOS devices.
- On your Android device, go to your File Manager.
- Select the images and videos that you want to transfer.
- Tap the Share icon.
- Select Bluetooth.
- Look for your iPhone device and begin the file transfer.
- If you want to use Google Drive, upload all the photos and videos from your Android device to your Google Drive account.
- Once done, open Google Drive on your iPhone to access all the files.
There are photo-sharing apps you can install on both your Android and iOS device to transfer your photos and videos. You can install Shareit and PhotoSync. Once installed, open the apps and transfer the files via WiFi connection.
How to Export & Transfer your Full WhatsApp Chat History, Photos & Videos from an Android Phone to an iPhone
What about your chat history? If you use WhatsApp, you can easily transfer your chat history from your Android device to your iPhone. WhatsApp announced that users can now export their chat history and voice messages through the Move to iOS app. The feature was available before but only limited to Apple iPhone to Android phone transfers. Now, users can export their files the other way around, from Android to iPhone.
To transfer your chat history, videos, photos, and voice messages on your WhatsApp app, your Android device must be running Android 5 and later, while your iPhone must run iOS 15.5.
- On your Android device, launch the Move to iOS app.
- Tap the Continue button on your iOS and Android device.
- A code will appear on your iPhone. Enter the code to your Android device.
- Tap Continue.
- Once you reach the Transfer Data screen, select WhatsApp.
- Tap the Start button.
- Tap Next.
- Tap the Continue button.
- Wait for the app to complete the export.
- Now, install the latest version of WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Launch WhatsApp and log in to your Android phone number.
- Tap the Start button.
What do you think of the new export feature on WhatsApp? You can tell us your opinion in the comment section below.