There is a major case of deja vu happening on Instagram right now. Users are frantic over the same repeating issue they experience on their Instagram Stories back in 2020. The same video posts on Instagram Stories keep on appearing after posting a new one, creating an endless loop of repeating content.
Instagram Stories brought a new way for users to showcase their content without worrying about its retention on the feed. You can post updates via Instagram Stories and expect them not to last longer than 24 hours. However, when your followers see and watch the same content over and over again, it becomes annoying, especially without you intending it.
Now, users face the problem of being forced into viewing repeated stories videos on Instagram. With more complaints coming in, Instagram will need to sort it out soon.
Why are my Instagram Stories Keep Repeating?
According to some users, the reason why Instagram Stories keeps playing on repeat the same content is due to a bug from a recent update. If you installed the latest software version of your Instagram app, the error may come from it.
Another reason for the repeated stories is the new parental control features implemented by Meta on Instagram. While it is good to keep track of your children’s time on Instagram, some users speculate that it may be the reason for the issue.
How to Troubleshoot & Fix Instagram Stories Video Loop Glitch
There may be other causes of the looping videos problem on your Instagram Stories. While Instagram may promise to resolve and fix the error, you can try to troubleshoot it with a few solutions.
Solution #1 – Do a Power Cycle on your Device
- Turn off your device and unplug your router and modem.
- Wait for at least 3 minutes.
- Plug your router and modem back in and connect to the Internet.
- Turn on your device and relaunch the Instagram app.
Solution #2 – Clear the Instagram App Cache
- Navigate to the Settings menu of your app.
- Go to Apps.
- Look for Instagram.
- Select Storage.
- Tap Clear Cache.
- For other devices, you need to uninstall the app to clear the cache. Then, you can reinstall it.
Solution #3 – Reinstall your Instagram App
- First, you need to uninstall your Instagram app based on your device’s instructions.
- Go to the App Store, Google Play Store, or the Store section of your device.
- Look for Instagram.
- Tap or click on the Install button.
Solution #4 – Wait for Instagram to Fix the Instagram Stories that Keep Repeating Error
If nothing works for you, all you have to do is wait for Instagram to troubleshoot the issue and release a fix from their end.
Do you have other ideas on how to fix the Instagram Stories issue? You can share your solutions in the comment section below.