Opening your Facebook Messenger on mobile phones gives you mobility and easy access to your account and messages at any time. However, there are times when you have to check your Facebook messages on your Windows PC. Unfortunately, many users complained that their Facebook Messenger app or website is not working when opened on their desktop computer.
Errors on Facebook Messenger can happen to a lot of people on multiple devices. In some instances, Facebook Messenger keeps on loading and crashing when accessed on Windows 10 or 11 PC. The messages won’t load at all and sometimes, the app itself does not work. Other users report camera or mic problems when using the service for video calls.
For a number of Windows users, the Facebook Messenger app just keeps on opening on Windows Startup screen or crashing as soon as it ipens up. If it occurs on your part, you can try to troubleshoot and fix the issue with several solutions below.
How to Fix Facebook Messenger Keeps on Loading, Crashing & Not Working on Windows 10/11 Computer
There are a few effective ways to troubleshoot the loading glitch and crashing problem on your Facebook Messenger desktop app. Check out these methods below and follow the steps one at a time. After doing each solution, check if it fixes the issue or not.
Method #1 – Log Out and Log Back In on Facebook Messenger
- Go to the upper left corner of your Messenger app and click the icon.
- Select File.
- Choose Log Out.
- Confirm logging out of the app.
- Now, try to sign back in.
Method #2 – Switch to a Different Browser
If you use Google Chrome to open your Facebook Messenger, you can use a new browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge. Sometimes, the problem lies within your chosen browser. If you use the Facebook Messenger app, you can try opening it on any browser.
Method #3 – Power Cycle your Devices
- Exit the Facebook Messenger app or close your browser.
- Power off your Windows 10/11 PC.
- Unplug your router and modem for at least 5 minutes.
- Plug your router and modem back in and connect to the Internet.
- Power on your Windows 10/11 PC.
- Relaunch your Facebook Messenger.
Method #4 – Perform a Reset on your Facebook Messenger App
- Launch the Settings menu of your Windows PC.
- Go to Apps.
- Select Apps & Features.
- Look for Facebook Messenger or Messenger.
- Click the three-dotted icon.
- Select Advanced Options.
- Navigate to the Reset section.
- Click Reset.
Method #5 – Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
- Open the Settings menu of your Windows PC.
- Go to System.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Choose Other Troubleshooters.
- Look for Windows Store Apps and click the Run button next to it.
Method #6 – Reinstall the Facebook Messenger App
- Navigate to the Control Panel on your Windows PC.
- Go to Programs and Features.
- Look for Facebook Messenger and highlight it.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Now, download a new version of the Facebook Messenger app.
What else did you do to fix the Facebook Messenger app on your Windows desktop computer? You can share your solutions with us below.AMAZON TRADE-IN DISCOUNTS: Trade in & save on a new Fire TV device now!